*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1360369-The-Letters-Of-Montague-Giles-Chapter-2
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by IDWBC
Rated: 18+ · Novel · Young Adult · #1360369
The first events which change Montague's life forever (Explicit Language Used)


19/05/2008

Dear Preston,

Sorry it took so long to write this letter. I have been really busy these days.

It's been 4 months since we have talked. Last time i wrote to you, I was a shy timid english teenager living in Australia. Not anymore Preston.

It started 3 weeks ago. Before school i had looked at myself in the mirror. It was empowering Preston. I now had this strong and buff looking body. Ever since that incident with that bully, i had been doing everything to keep in shape. I bought a weights set, i went jogging everyday, and even took boxing classes. 3 months of this and i had suddenly become this machine of a teenager. I was stronger than ever; i had abs, i became a great boxer, and i was fit. I could run 5k without breaking a sweat, it was brilliant. As i was saying, i looked in the mirror to check out my body and laughed to myself. I hadn't been at school for the whole time. My mother was becoming concerned about me but i had my reasons, not that she knew mind you. Well that day i had changed my mind. I went to school for the first time in 3 months. As soon as i walked through the gates, i looked for that one kid. The one kid that had scarred me so deeply.

Eventually that morning i found him. He hadn't changed. A snide looking 17 year old who strutted around school like he owned the place. That was soon to change though Preston. As he was walking towards me he looked up and smiled. Obviously he didn't recognize me, but i was soon to change that. As he got closer and walked past me, i turned around and pushed him in the back. The kid stopped, before turning around and stared at me. "Can i help you?" He said to me in his snide tone that made my blood boil. The hatred i had for that snide voice was immense. It represented the first words he had said to me, and it only further enraged me. "Remember me?" I said to him in my english accent. As soon as i finished the sentence, the kid had the nerve to laugh. "Well, you're that pommy dickhead who i punched a while back. haha I haven't seen you in a while. Did ya come back for more pom?"

I smiled to myself. This guy still had the nerve to taunt me, even though I had changed. "Yep," I just said, before hitting him square in the face. Words could not describe the feeling i felt. He slumped to the ground, clutching at his eye. "See how bad it feels?" I said to him before kicking him in the stomach. I could not believe it. I had never felt such power surge through my body like i did then Preston. It was fantastic. I was excited yet enraged at the same time. I could not let this kid get away with hurting me. I then picked him up and pushed him against a wall. He looked like a wreck. He had blood all over his face and it was mixing with the tears coming out of his eyes. It was brilliant. As i looked in his eyes and saw the mercy, i let him go, where he collapsed to the ground with only the sounds of crying come out of his mouth. I wiped his blood off my fist on a seat nearby and started to walk home. I had no intentions of going to school today to learn, i would do that tomorrow. My only purpose of walking into the school grounds was to pummel the grade 12 student who punched me in the face and called me a "stupid fucking pom".

While i was walking home, i had an epiphany. I finally had confidence. Things in life could possibly start to go really well for me from now on. I had beaten up a person who stood in the way of having a good life, so i knew Preston, that things would go uphill after taking care of him.

And things did my friend. Ever since then, things have been fantastic in the life of Montague Giles. I hang out with my friends a lot, i'm doing pretty well at school, and remember that girl i like? Well her name is Crystal and me and her are becoming really good friends. We talk all the time in physics and i just recently found out she is single, and has been for some time. Maybe i'll ask her out, maybe not. Who knows Preston, maybe i really am changing for the better after beating up that kid. I mean ever since then people are really starting to acknowledge me a bit more. I actually have friends that are girls, and i have gotten to know some of the league boys a bit more. They do physics with me, and we normally just sit there and talk about random stuff, especially about Miss Flenderson. I tell you what Preston old buddy, she is absolutely hot. I now know what it means to "hit that" and believe me, i would want to have a go, haha.

Anyway, sorry about the late letter. I promise, now that my life is all in order, i will start writing as frequently as i have been. Say hello to everyone back at home, and i will talk to you soon.

Yours sincerely,
Montague Giles

P.S. That kid never bothered me again. I always see him around school and he doesn't say a thing. In fact he walks even faster past me. Also i have heard him talk to his friends about his black eye and he just says "Oh, um, a cricket ball smacked me in the eye." Haha.

26/5/2008

To Preston,

Things have been pretty good for me still. I still do my weights and keep fit, and i'm still friends with most people at school. However, there are some things that have been troubling me. I went to my first party in Australia. They are a lot different to what i'm used to. I mean, the last party i went to in England was in 10th grade but still...a year shouldn't be enough time for that much change. On that note, there is something i have to tell you about.

While in physics, some of the footy (AKA rugby league...its part of the Australian "lingo" i learnt) boys invited me to a party that was in the neighbourhood. I was delighted. This just showed how much people had come to acknowledge me as a friend or equal. Anyway, i went to the party, and was given alcohol. I hadn't ever had it before, but the stuff i was given wasn't too bad. Three drinks later, i could feel my senses go out of focus. For the first time in my life, i had finally felt what it was like to be drunk. It was a funny feeling really. I could have sworn i was fine but when i went to walk to the toilet i couldn't walk straight to save myself. I must have looked like a complete fucking clown in front of everybody. Anyway while i was staggering towards the bathroom, I heard screams of help. It was coming from one of the bedrooms. As i looked inside, I couldn't believe what i saw Preston. It was Crystal, screaming for help and crying while another kid from school was trying to rip off her clothes. He was trying to rape her. This was different to anything i had experienced before. It wasn't like me hammering that kid. I was actually scared. I had actually panicked at a time where i shouldn't of. I started to sweat and looked back into the room. The rapist had succeeded in taking of her top, but she still struggled. However she soon kept still when the rapist hit her on the cheek. I freaked out even more Preston, i didn't think i could help her. It took a while for me to think of something, but eventually it came. I quickly took out my phone and rung the police station just across the road. Telling them of what was happening, i quickly hung up and informed the host of the party as well and told him that the police were coming. I didn't tell him how they found out about the party, as obviously i would be labeled a party killer. Within 2 minutes, the police came at the front door. I quickly opened it and showed them to where it was. The timing was perfect. I had saved her just in time, because her attacker was just about to rip off her skirt that she had on. He was eventually arrested i found out later on.

So yeah, parties here are really quite freaky Preston. It was an event that i would not like to re-live, but i'm glad i did what i did because now...me and Crystal are going out!! Since last tuesday, we have officially been labeled boyfriend and girlfriend. You know how i said life could only go uphill? Well it has. Me and her are going really good too. She has been over a few times and we have kissed and whatnot, but haven't had sex yet. I found out earlier that she isn't a virgin, which kind of scares me. Only because if shes experienced and i'm not, it makes me feel stupid if i go ahead and fuck up everything once we have it. I want her to enjoy it too you know, but you know i shouldn't talk about that. Not stuff friends need to know about...haha.

Anyway Preston I better end this letter now. I've got to go to Crystals house today and meet her parents. Everytime I've been over to her house, her parents have been at work. She is really keen on making me meet them too, especially her father. He is one person i am not looking forward to meeting...haha. Talk to you another day old friend. Hope things are going good back home.

From your pal,
Montague Giles

To Be Continued...

© Copyright 2007 IDWBC (just_a_writer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1360369-The-Letters-Of-Montague-Giles-Chapter-2