*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1361443-Untitled
Rated: E · Draft · Fantasy · #1361443
Prologue of new story i am writing
Prologue:

The moon shone bright through the clouds as a small family moved through the deserted mountains. In her hands, the woman carried two babies bundled in cloth to protect them against the harsh wind.
         The family was traveling to find a new place to settle. They had heard tales of danger lurking in the mountains, strange beasts that feasted upon any travelers who dared pass through the mountains. But they ignored the stories, and insisted on passing through.
         From a distance, a creature watched. His bright red eyes were unblinking as he stalked the humans through the mountain path. His claws touched the ground with a soft noise despite his large size, and his wings were folded tightly against his body. He was a creature of the night, a dragon.
         He could already taste the human flesh. Patiently he stalked them, deeper into his territory. Closer…closer…
         There was a flash of scales darker than the night and an earsplitting screech as the dragon attacked. He extended his claws and snapped his teeth with hunger. The humans turned and ran. They were wrong to pass through the mountains, and the dragon wasn’t going to let them get away so easily.
         He jumped into the sky and snapped open his wings. The humans kept running, though they had no chance. The dragon quickly swooped down and grabbed the man, crushing him in his claws. The woman ran faster, but it was no use. She pulled her babies closer.
         The dragon landed in front of her, red eyes gleaming as it leaned in for the kill…
© Copyright 2007 ~*~K~*~ (kiteangel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1361443-Untitled