*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1361990-Being-Filipino-Being-unique
Rated: 13+ · Essay · Community · #1361990
Filipinos are unique,and we should rise up to our former glory..
Aim: To eradicate the fog of lies, shame and disgust of others by narrating the uniqueness of the Filipinos..

Audience: The erudite who have migrated to foreign lands.

Role: Advocate of change.

Thesis Statement: Amidst this fog of lies, resides the truth behind the truth, that we as Filipinos are part of the race of infinite possibilities, we know what others do not know, we do what others refuse to do, we face the chaotic trials of life with the desire to be victorious, this truth of our uniqueness is what I want to prove, our cultures, our traditions is what I wish to uphold.



Being Filipino, being unique.

Being a Filipino, being an indio, that is the ersatz perception that was perjorated by the media. News and bulletins only propose the gloom-laden faults that we as Filipinos, commit. They do not present the magnanimous grandeur of our cultures and traditions. This obtuse deceit obliterated the pride and glory that Filipinos hold in their nationality. Some even went to the extent of concealing their origins, for they believe that this fabricated hex shall bring shame and folly to their lives. Amidst this fog of lies, resides the truth behind the truth, that we as Filipinos are part of the race of infinite possibilities. We know what others do not know, we do what others refuse to do, we face the chaotic trials of life with the desire to be victorious. This truth of our uniqueness is what I want to prove, our cultures, our traditions is what I wish to uphold.

Our great culture and our appearance were able to survive through hundreds of years of internecine colonization. Invaders came and gone, they have left us with great ideologies, knowledge and technology, as well as abysmal regret, but the gist of our culture remained unscathed by these foreigners. This glamour that we have stands above all, our hair, whose color is as dark as a moonless night, our aquiline nose, whose magnificent shape mesmerizes others with envy. Our magnificent complexion of brown and white, flood the streets of the world, blending and merging with the blood of the foreigners. That is why I consider Filipinos as unique.

Our tongue who survived throughout the ages speaks of a hundred dialects, as well as dozens of languages. What may seem as glossolalia to others, our tongue can speak. What may be palaver to foreigners, our tongue can interpret. That is why I consider Filipinos as unique.

Our religion believes in the teachings of Christ. Our country is the only Catholic nation in Asia. We abide by the simple yet grand qualities of Jesus, hope, prayer and salvation. The Filipinos are the only ones who rise before the sun shows his rays to attend mass until the priest says ita missa est, go, the mass is finished. That is why I consider Filipinos as unique.

Our tradition wipes away the melancholy of life and gives us serenity even for a fleeting moment. We hold fiestas in our barrios and barangays, we celebrate the feast’s of saints with such glee amidst the creeping poverty in our lives. For this, we are known to be the only ones who can rejoice in pain and sorrow. That is why I consider Filipinos as unique.

Our family-oriented culture is the basis of our greatness, we as Filipinos go through hell and back just to put food on our tables, just to bring smiles to our child’s faces. Our forgiveness and patience spans greater than any other. We can pardon our families and friends who broke our heart to our greatest nemesis who have shattered our lives. That is why I consider Filipinos as unique.

Now that you have seen the magnificence of our uniqueness, the essence of our culture, and the gist of our lives, I encourage you my fellow brothers to once again bring pride and glory to our culture and country. Our country calls for us to regain the glory that we once yielded to the abyss of shame, to bring back the pride that he once lost in the chaos of confusion.



--->

Hi, this is the author speaking, I would just like to say that this is my first post here in writing.com. I hope that my essay was pleasing to read. Criticisms and feedbacks are welcome. Thanks for reading! Happy Holidays! = )

Yours truly,

dsh_214 = ) thanks to everybody who commented this! hehe = )
© Copyright 2007 dsh_214 (dsh_214 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1361990-Being-Filipino-Being-unique