*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1362591-life-in-placement
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Teen · #1362591
tis story is about life i placement from my own experiance
Its been a little over 2 years since I have been out of placement. From detention to a group home and all the stuff in between it has been a long 2 years and im still not out.
DETENTION: It was september 14th 2005 when I was placed in detention for violations of probation (i was originally in trouble for simple assult charges.). I violated probation by violatin curfew alot and running from home. i was 13 at the time and, well let me tell you about the day I got locked up. I was on the school bus ride home and decided to get off the wrong bus stop and go to my aunts house and steal a pack of smokes (cigarettes). So I get there and no ones home so I used my ID card to break in. A few hours later the cops were called by my dad they had showed up, by this time my aunt and uncle were home. I tried hiding but that did not work. So I was then arrested and placed in detention.
Now im in lock up its horrible. You get 5 minutes to shower and do all your hygein, bed time was 8:30 pm and your locked in a cell for almost all day. you only maybe get 1 hour of free time (if your lucky). The kids are grimy and mean. Well some kids therev were okay, But other then that it sucked.
TREATMENT: So after being in detention for 2 months it was time to move on. I was then placed in a lock down treatment facility. Here you have a little more freedom, more free time unlocked cell doors. and eventually you get home passes.
I was in treatment for a little over a year and didnt complete the program successfully. I was actually kicked out for puching another kid. I was then placed back in detention but I was not sittin in there waiting to get placed in another place.So acted like i was suicidal and acted as if I was going to hang myself. After that incodent I was sent to kids peace hospital. 1 week lateri got out of the hospital and was sent back to detention for a week and again was sent to the hospital.
KIDSPEACE: Now after the hospital I was placed in kidspeace RTF (residentral treatment facility) i was there for also a little over a year I did real good there but it was very boring. Even though there was alot more freedom it was still really boring. So not alot happened at this place so im going to kind zip through this part. i had got in one fight nothing to big. So I was discharged from there successfully but was sent to a group home.
GROUP HOME: Now I just got in this place like 2-3 weeks ago so this is going to short. its pretty cool there a lot and i mean alot of freedom here. not one lockedt now door, public school, jod opritunities. So now thats it right now im on a home pass and im doing good.
by: Mike Liaci
© Copyright 2007 juggalospaz (juggalomic611 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1362591-life-in-placement