*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1363217-Mellon-Collie-and-the-Infinite-Sadness
Rated: E · Review · Music · #1363217
This is a review of an old Smashing Pumpkins album, released in 1995 on Virgin Records.
          Growing up in the 90's, I suppose you could say that I'm very biased when it comes to reviewing albums that played a big role in my childhood development. Regardless, I'm here to share my opinion on what I think is the best album released in the 90's.
          To start us off, lets list the album's aesthetic attributes. The album art is simply stunning, it pictures a Victorian style woman, coming out of a star. She seems to be clutching her heart. I'm not exactly sure what the symbolism is behind this, but I'm sure if Billy Corgan had anything to do with it, it'd take a lot of thinking for me to figure it out. The album has two disc's in it. Dawn to Dusk, and Twighlight to Starlight. Dawn to Dusk has the singles, Tonight, Tonight , Zero, , and Bullet with Butterfly Wings . Twighlight to Starlight has only 1979 . These features make it a very desirable gift for any Smashing Pumpkins fan, or anyone who knows these songs.
          Initially, I bought the album so that i could have the songs on CD's instead of on tape, but having not listened to the entire album. I was in shock at how amazing other songs on the CD's were. There were typical SP (Smashing Pumpkins) songs, hard abrasive, and catchy. Then there was a change with the softer ones. Then of course happy mediums. Personally, I enjoy softer songs such as Cupid De Locke, Stumbleine, and Lily . These songs simply made my heart flutter by listening to them.
          Overall, I think this album was a wonderful investment and i'd suggest that if you enjoy SP, and don't already own it, go out and buy it! It'll make a fan out of you if you don't really listen to them. Great album, great band.
© Copyright 2007 Susan McNickles (kashumir at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1363217-Mellon-Collie-and-the-Infinite-Sadness