*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1363492-A-Nanny-For-Three-Chapter-One
Rated: 18+ · Novella · Comedy · #1363492
Its a romantic comedy about a woman who becomes a nanny and finds the love of her life.
  Thump, thump, thump went the butt of the pencil on the newspaper as Savannah Payne read the classifieds of the morning newspaper. She was in desperate need of a job. If she didn't have three hundred dollars in three months, her landlord was going to kick her ass to the curb. She rented an apartment in Christ Church on the beautiful island of Barbados. Savannah is what you would consider a bona-fide klutz.
She had had three jobs in two years and couldn't make it pass the first two months. At her first job she worked as a cashier at a local fast food joint. When she was taking an order, she accidently got her shirt stuck into the drink dispenser. Soda went flying everywhere. Another time she was mopping out the restaurant and forgot to put down the wet floor sign and her manager came rushing in and fell flat on his face. She was fired the next day.

  Her second job, she worked as a waitress. While she was taking food over to a table, she stepped on her sneaker laces and sent spagetti and meatballs flying onto and old couple having dinner. The boss sent her home and she ended up unemployed yet again. Her final job cut the cake. She had worked at the library stacking books. Now maybe you're wondering how can you mess up this kind of job. Well Savannah found a way. While she was taking some books out of a box to stack on the shelves, she accidently knocked into a shelf and it fell on another and another like falling dominos.

  Now, here she was looking yet again for another job to survive. Savannah let out a huff in frustration and dropped her pencil on the newspaper. She got up and went to the kitchen to pour herself another cup of coffee. Friday night and no date. "What the hell is wrong with me?" she said to herself. At the age of twenty- five, Savannah was still a virgin. She never had a date in her life. Not even in high school or college. Maybe it was because she was always the geeky weird kid with the big glasses and always in a book.
"Maybe I will always be alone," she said out loud. Savannah was born to a Mr and Mrs Karen and Conrad Payne. Tragically they never saw her grow up. For on her second birthday while driving home from a restaurant, a drunk driver forced them off the road and the car turned over in a ditch. Her parents died instantly. All Savannah came away with was a long scar on her face, leading from her mouth to her ear. When the police had found her, they took her straight to an orphanage, where she stayed until she was eighteen. Those were the most horrible years of her life. The kids used to laugh and make fun of her calling her names like freak, monster and ugly duckling.

    Every night, Savannah would lay in her bed and cry blaming herself for her parents death. She even tried to kill herself once and have the scars, both emotionally and physically to prove it. She never made any friends and while the other children were playing, she would always be in a corner reading a book dreaming to be famous someday. But yet they were all just dreams, because here she was in a low budget apartment trying to make ends meet. She went over to the mirror and looked at herself. She gazed at her image pondering why her life was like this. She pulled her hair from her lopsided bun and let it fall to the base of her back.

    She took off her small Versace glasses and examined herself. Savannah was not what you would call a beauty but she was cute. Her hair was a beautiful midnight black. She had two thick perfectly shaped eyebrows. Her eyes were a greenish brown which were slanted giving her an exotic look. They were framed with the thickest of lashes other women would die for. She had a nose she thought to small and her lips she thought were too big, yet they were plump and nicely shaped. Her skin was honey colored and perfect except for the scar that she sported. She had very large firm breasts, a nice waist, huge hips with a nice curved butt.

    Savannah was never a skinny person. She always thought herself to be short, ugly and fat. She was deadly wrong. Why would such a pretty girl downgrade herself like that? Maybe lack of self esteem. Savannah didn't know. She was a very shy girl. She hid herself in the background and wore too big and dreary old clothes hiding her figure. Maybe someday her prince will come and sweep her off her feet, or she might end up tripping him or something.
"Yea right, keep dreaming Vannah," she said to her mirror image "that day will never come." Her eyes began to go blurry, so she placed her glasses onto her face and went back to searching for a job. Minutes passed before an ad caught her eye.

      NANNY FOR THREE WANTED
      Married couple looking for a nice, reliable
      trustworthy person to become a live in nanny
      to children from the ages six, ten and fourteen.
      Must be between the ages of twenty and fifty to apply.
      Salary would be discussed during interview.
      Please call 436-2255 for more information.

  Savannah read it again. She circled the ad and decided to give it a try. If she got this job maybe she wouldn't have to worry about paying the rent for this apartment.
There was nothing here for her anyways.
"Maybe there's hope for me yet. Plus how hard would it be to take care of three little kids." Well she had no idea how wrong she was.
© Copyright 2007 Tamstar (tamstarqueen at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1363492-A-Nanny-For-Three-Chapter-One