*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1363653-Guardian-Angel
Rated: 13+ · Letter/Memo · Biographical · #1363653
A letter to a dear friend of mine.
         We weren't meant to be. Anyone could see that. We fought constantly when we were together, and still do. On most days, I can't stand you enough to look at you. You've hurt me, and I know that I've hurt you so much more. Many times I've considered hating you.

         But I know a side of you no one has ever seen. I've seen your past, and I've seen what he did to you. I know how you still have nightmares of him. Of how you cringe when something reminds you of his touch. You try so hard to hide it. But then, you never could hide things from me.

         Why you told me about it I still can't tell. But you chose to trust me when you had trusted no one else. And though things didn't work out. I want you to know that your trust was not misplaced. I have always been there for you. And whether I am your one and only or not, I want you to know that I will continue to be there for you.

         Now he's out of jail. Non-repentant, he stalks you, continues to haunt you like he did those years ago when he stole your childhood innocence. He accosts you, and threatens you. And you fear the worst. You fear that he will continue to do what he had always done. You fear for your safety and your sanity. You fear for what others will think of you. You fear for your life. But most of all, you fear his touch.

         No longer am I your lover, the one who protects and comforts you. Fate would prove us too different to last. I will never again be the one to bring joy to your face. But I will make you one last promise.

         I will be your knight. Whenever you need me I will be there for you. If he threatens you, mentally, physically, or emotionally, I will be there not only to comfort you, but to destroy him. I would gladly defend you against him at any time. Confronting the evil face to face if neseccary. If it only means that you will at last be in peace.

         I promise to defend you, no matter how rough our history has been. Because no one, especially not you my dear, deserves to feel his unwanted touch.

         I will be your guardian angel.
© Copyright 2007 C. A. Smith ~ The Reviled (kinghippie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1363653-Guardian-Angel