*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1363670-God-Makes-it-Rain
Rated: E · Non-fiction · Religious · #1363670
Ask God to show himself to you.
I was in 6th grade at the time. I had been attending a church for about a year, and at the time of this story, I was at a youth meeting called "Chill." This church met in a large warehouse. The outside is metal, and the inside is brick. The church is very contemporary, therefore, a traditional church doesn't appeal to the members.

I had brought along a friend named Ashley. I knew she was Christian but not strong in fellowship. If you're a non-Christian or an Atheist, this doesn't mean much to you. That's okay. God still loves you.

Well, now that I've offended you, I'll continue:

Ashley and I were separated in order to make us socialize.

The teaching began and all of us awkward like munchkins scrambled to our red pleather chairs, sharing a bowl of chips, resting bibles on our laps.

A short man with a powerful voice delivered a energetic teaching (No, not a "sermon") and within minutes he had infiltrated our young minds. The chip bowl felt animosity toward him, because once he spoke, it was moved to an empty chair.

I can only think of what he said,"Ask god to prove himself. Ask him, and he will prove it."

I was raised Christian, so I already knew God was real. But I said simply,"God, if you're real, make it rain."

Unbelievably, I heard drops of rain precipitating onto our roof. The shower lasted for only 30 seconds or so.

Instantly I felt warm. God is real. He is as real as the rain that just fell. As I am sitting here.




On the way home, I asked one of the leaders,"You know how it rained during the teaching?"

"Yeah, wasn't that weird, it was like a 3 second shower!"

"I prayed for God to make it rain."

Ashley chimes in,"I did too Sam! I did! I asked him to make it rain, and it rained, he must be real!"*


What a night! I was nestled in the arms of the Lord, and I am kept here, in his protective grasp. To serve him, and his people.

*You must take into perspective that we're young 11 year olds at the time. That is why we talk so childish.
© Copyright 2007 A Nicer Handle Here (samanthaa at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1363670-God-Makes-it-Rain