*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1364897-DiTree-the-Ground-Gnome
Rated: E · Chapter · Fantasy · #1364897
This is the beginning of a Chapter story Im writing! Enjoy!
DiTree the Ground Gnome!


Once Upon A Time.......



            In a land far away......Naw...just kidding...this story takes place in Georgia, and is based on a continuous dream I'v been having....I hope to keep you entertained enough to come back and read the next part of the story. Now...lets get down to buisness!

                    Deep underground, beneath a meadow filled with daisies lived a ground gnome named DiTree. Now....to brush you up on your knowledge of the fantasy world, a ground gnome was put on this earth to make things that grow out of the ground flourish, and by no means could be considered as a handsome fellow.

                  DiTree stood only about eight inches tall, with a round belly that poked out over his trousers. His nose reminded me of a small potato and was about as close in color. His mouth was wide with a thin top lip, yet a full jutting bottom lip which was indeed a good thing because it hid the small amount of teeth he still had. His clothes were of earthly colors but were tattered and torn along with his elf like shoes that seemed oddly large for a man of his stature. But with one look into DiTree's eyes I knew he was the most loving and loyal creature I would ever encounter. They were the most brilliant green I had ever seen, almost as though they held all the magic in the world.

        Now DiTree was extremely fond of his humble dwelling under the field of thriving yellow daisies, and he made sure that all the land around him was lavish with thick, and colorful vegitation. He had been in this same place for over one hundred years but DiTree was sure the land above him got more lovely every year.

            One morning as DiTree was getting ready for his day, a strange noise filled his large pointy ears. DiTree threw his shoes on and ran up the long tunnel to the surfice, the noise getting louder the closer he got. DiTree popped his head out of the small hole near the enormous willow tree near the edge of the field of daisies. He wasn't sure what he was looking at, but it made him tremble in fear. It was a yellow monster of some sort, and it was digging up his beautiful daisies.

              DiTree, not knowing what to do, ran down the tunnel, and up through another hole in the surface that was extremely close to the monster. He watched wide eyed while this thing demolished the things he loved most in the world, and there was nothing he could do. With tears in his eyes he wandered numbly down to his home in the ground and went to sleep.

              As the days went on DiTree got used to the rumbling, but his heart was broken because of all the beautiful things he had lost. He hadn't been to the surface since the very day the yellow monster come and broken his spirit, but today he decided to take a peek. He hadnt heard the monster in quite awhile and wondered, if it could be gone. As he poked his head out of the hole, he was amazed to see a gorgeous house right in the middle of his daisies. It was a fine home with a large gazebo type porch on the front. It had a large picture window to the left of the gazebo, and DiTree could see right inside.The roof was taller than he had ever seen, and the house itself was a cozy navy blue color that DiTree rather enjoyed looking at. DiTree smiled from ear to ear as he noticed that the house had three very large flower beds in front of the porch, and he knew that "this" would be his job! DiTree would take care of the land that surrounded this beautiful dwelling.

                DiTree wanted to begin his job right away, but knew for fear of being seen, he had to wait until dusk to venture out. He wondered if anyone lived in the house, as he thought it seemed vacant. He hadn't seen any lights on, or any curtains in the window so it must be empty he thought. DiTree would take a peek tonight while he did his work.

              DiTree began to get antsy in his home, wondering if the time could possibly go any slower, when it was finally dusk. He ran up the tunnel closest to the house and tiptoed across the large porch. DiTree was scared to peek in at first, and almost changed his mind, but he just couldnt help himself! He peeked into the large picture window and was surprised to see that there were boxes all over the floor of all shapes and sizes. Someone must be moving in DiTree concluded! Ditree felt very good about this, and his heart was telling him that something wonderful was about to happen!



TO BE CONTINUED!!!

© Copyright 2007 kinkajogirl76 (kinkajogirl76 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1364897-DiTree-the-Ground-Gnome