*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1367438-If-US-Would-not-have-Invaded-Iraq
Rated: 13+ · Essay · Political · #1367438
My views on the US Oil policies and an alternative approach with ties with Russia.
Imagine,

If US did not have to force to sell its soul and invade Iraq. Just for Oil, and create further bitterness in the already hostile world. US the international policeman, tainting its image with rape of Virtues, with its false claim of overthrow of Saddam's regime. Just for the sake of Oil to run their economy.

There was a better ending if these so called Patriots could have spend some more time on the restoration of Global Peace and solution for the Oil problem.

Russia was sidestepped by the Cold War, just to curb spread of Communism in the West. Russia has vast oil reserves, but it could not sustain the political turmoils and the West's aloofness. There was economic depression and people lost faith in their leaders. A vast land with plenty of natural reserves went untapped and wasted with no plans and support from the Global powers.

If US could have matured from its Anti-Communist infancy, it could have taken a moral responsibility to reconstruct Russia, just like Perestroika , Gorbachev's vision of reforms for Russia. That made sense for US to attract contracts and funding for its domestic firms for the vast untapped Russian provinces. In return, Russia could have been the biggest collaborator for the US oil needs. There would have been a symbiotic growth for both the economies, with an entry into the Russian culture. So much oil would have been saved from burning in the Gulf. Leave alone the vicinity of US and Russia on the globe, further simplifying the movement of Oil across Alaska and the Pacific.

And US would have won the trust of the whole world in its legitimacy of the International Policeman, the commitment for Global Peace and Growth.
© Copyright 2007 Dreamer (btomar at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1367438-If-US-Would-not-have-Invaded-Iraq