*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1367443-Roses-and-Relationships
Rated: ASR · Essay · Inspirational · #1367443
The analogy of relationships and that of the stages of a rose.
I have always thought of roses as the greatest symbolization of love and friendship. The rich color of the leaves before full bloom and then the creamy texture of color presented after bloom have always reminded me of how quickly love and friendship can also bloom. You have the richness of the unknown until you are finally comfortable in your relationship that it all evens out to a lighter hue of the former color. A color that was once so rich and exciting has toned down to a slow flowing river without obstacles. As with friendship and love, a rose blossom takes time to show it's true colors and develop into that beauty of for which it is known. If smothered by constant light and attention, the blossoms will not produce any fragrance. However, when given the opportunity to let it sit unattended and given some time between darkness and light, it produces an exceptional fragrance. The same is with love and friendship. If smothered for too long, you could lose all that quality of what could have been, but if you give space and growth some time on their own, the relationship can grow into something more beautiful then the sight of a rose in maximum blossom.
© Copyright 2007 jenwin25 (jenwin25 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1367443-Roses-and-Relationships