*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1368389-Dont-Go-Gently
Rated: 18+ · Draft · Horror/Scary · #1368389
a man remembers his death but is still alive and sets out to find those responsible
This is just the beginning of the story and I want to see if anyone thinks I should continue with this idea. Any and all reviews and comments are welcome!




Jack Morgan awoke abruptly from his dream. Gasping for air and drenched in sweat, his hands went instinctively to his chest. He could still somewhat feel the latent heat from the slug that pierced his heart. As the feeling passed, and the dream stubbornly conceded to reality, Jack felt relief wash over him. Unfortunately it was then that his fingers found the quarter size indention in his skin just to the left of his clavicle. The relief turned quickly to anger when he remembered he was dead.
He didn't even bother to glance at the small alarm clock on the stand beside the bed as he threw the covers off and sat up on the edge of the full size guest bed. He was too awake to go back to sleep but it was still a little early for lunch. He rubbed his hands over the length of his face a couple of times and then walked the distance of the hall to the master bedroom and bath. “I wonder if corpses really need to shower.” He thought to himself as he adjusted the temperature on the multi-head wall jets. “I'm taking one anyway.” Jack knew that he was holding on to these little daily rituals and that they were doing him no good. Ever since he got back to his house he had been mechanically going about everyday routines such as making the bed, washing clothes, and straightening up the house.
© Copyright 2007 Jack Morgan (jackmorgan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1368389-Dont-Go-Gently