*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1368674-The-Falling-Prologue
by Feen1x
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Horror/Scary · #1368674
This is the prologue to the highly anticipated works of Taylor Smith!
PROLOGUE

The Falling (name suits it)

Prologue

It was raining, like always. Here the rain was said to be angels’ tears for the damned, forever falling. Usually rain is known as the essence of life, the liquid of wholes. But not here. In this perception of life it meant only sorrow and misery, pain and hatred. This was one of the only liquids to touch the surface in this barren wasteland. Besides the rain there was the blood of the damned, the ones who have been cursed in another life. If the rain does not soil the wasteland, the blood seeps through the rigged cracks in the ground. This place is a source of grief and putrescence sin. Only hatred and lies could come from a place of this nature. Filled with the stench of sulfur and rotting flesh, this land lays in ashes. Total darkness surrounds the land, In fact it is not even known if a sun exists in a world of this kind. There is no need for heat or light, only flesh and life. The only source light that does come from the land is the fires. Constantly they are burning on the ashes of this wasteland never to be extinguished. Some say that the flames are the ever restless spirits of the damned. Forever eating all they touch, they hunger for more. Where the land ended lava spilled from the ground, melting all it could grasp. The land was filled with it, as if it was an ocean of magma. There was no way across it, nor was there a way to even know if land emerged from beyond the horizon. Torn cities were scattered across the land, giving hints of what life lived here long ago. The ground was bare and cracked, unevenly surfaced as if the land was shaken and dropped. Ash and torn limbs littered the streets of all cities; they were a place of rotting filth and decay. The buildings lay in a crumbled form, torn apart or wedged together. The glass of the windows was lost, gone forever. Eaten by the flames or taken by unknown forces. The land even though barren and full of death was considered a home to many. Though these Forces where unknown to most of life, all which do know of their existence fear for not only their lives but what wickedness would become to their souls. The fear these beings inspired to few gave a new meaning to the simple word “fear”. True it is that fear is the most extravagantly used word and most commonly known to the language of mankind, it is also the truest emotion. The way these beings induce fear to the souls of the wicked is the way fear can seep into a person’s soul and eat them alive till they welcome death by all known graces. To this place of vile dementedness it stays in another perception of life, as if it does not exist. Saying to that the deprived link between human life and the sentient entities this place exists. The land that is known by few and feared by all is known as Ziroshima; the land of The Shinigami.

© Copyright 2007 Feen1x (feen1x at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1368674-The-Falling-Prologue