*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1369229-A-Letter-to-Myself
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Biographical · #1369229
A letter to myself for the "Dear Me" contest.
Dear Me,

Well, it is a new year, 2008.  I know you do not have any resolutions this year, just some goals, left over from last year. You know the ones I mean.

There is the membership at the YMCA; you know you need to make it more of a habit, if you are going to make good on your major goal for the New Year. You need to start building up your stamina for the swimming tests, in addition to loosing some more weight. I think five pounds each month is reasonable, don’t you? You can do it! You just need to stay on track; stick to your plan; keep your eyes on the prize! If you keep to this plan, you will be down to a much more healthy weight by June.

You need to get started on the paperwork in order to get it completed and in the mail before the end of January. Keep in mind that you have some very special skills and talents. It is not up to you to make the choices for NASA.  They have the most stringent application process in the world. They know what they do and do not want, let them make the decision. You do your best to fulfill their requirements and they will let you know if you qualify. Remember the catch phrase, “Don’t Anticipate, Participate!”

In the meantime, keep up with your classes at college and at WDC, keep writing! Work at least three times each week on My’rellin’s story. Write every day! It does not matter how much you write, or how good it is, just write! Make it a rule that you will write a minimum of thirty minutes, each, and every day. Make Sunday your day to proof and edit your writing. That way you will stay up with it and be much more productive.

Start planning, now, to take part in NaNoWriMo this year. It will be good practice. Remember all you read in “No Plot? No Problem!” There was excellent advice that you can apply.  Think about some of the recent ad campaigns…”Just Do It!”

Make 2008 your best year, ever! You can do it. You have the skills and the dreams, now you have the goals. Reach for the stars!

Sincerely, Magi
© Copyright 2008 Ms.Magi (magimarie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1369229-A-Letter-to-Myself