*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1370012-The-Path-Untaken
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Death · #1370012
A piece of Prose about the afterlife
What is this feeling..... A light in the darkness. It pierces the shroud of depression and sears its way in to my very core. A heat penetrates my soul. Is this life returned to my beaten and bloodied corpse? How can it be that my hearts once again pounds against my ribs when but hours before the dirt settled above me. A sound scrapes against my pine box. Like air to a drowning man the suns rays hit me once again and I rejoin the world of the living. The weight of death falls to my feet. Its shackles opened, I am free once more.
Death, or the state there of, was fascinating. Between worlds I sat in waiting for judgment on my soul, my life. The haze of purgatory was akin to a forest path shrouded in fog. My feet could lead one of two ways, but the choice laid in the hands of another. As I sat on the ground, for lack of a better word, A light came from above. I thought the decision made and my eternal reward waiting. My body seemed to float up toward the light.
It was then that I awoke in the cramped space of my coffin. Before I had the chance to panic the shovel broke open the lid and fresh air hit me like a blow to the jaw. I was at once disappointed and relieved that the final judgment was yet unmade. Life is reward and punishment enough for now.
I have felt the touch of death. the road through Purgatory leads toward two extremes. Eternal despair or eternal happiness, To be human is to accept the value of both. I reject the black and white eternities of heaven and hell. Life, for all of its ups and downs, seems more fitting.
© Copyright 2008 602 Vindicator Road (bobmanx at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1370012-The-Path-Untaken