*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1370253-Dear-Me
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Contest · #1370253
Doable resolutions, for me anyways.
Dear Me:

First of all I want to remind myself that I don't usually do resolutions at least not for the New Year, the ones I've done in the past were too difficult to keep my word on if even only to myself. Pretty sad, really. Therefore, some of the resolutions I've decided on for this coming year are ones I've been trying to incorporate into my life already. I'm going to keep them simple so it will not be so easy to talk myself out of them.

In 2013, one of my reviewers was curious about how well I succeeded in this goals that year. So I thought I'd update them a bit.

Daily Resolutions:

#1.  I want to remember to Praise God for who He is; His character, and His creation. I want to thank Him for His blessings on my life, and what He's made available to me through His Word.

*Checkg*—I can't honestly say that I do this daily, but there was a year that I did it just about every day, since then I've fallen short and am more sporadic in this endeavor. I do keep trying to reinstate it as a habit.

#2.  I want to take time each morning to read a section in the Word and write down in my journal whatever I've learned from that section of Scripture.

*Checkb*—This is an other area where I feel I was more consistent in the past than I have been in the recent years. I should work on this again—this list is a good reminder.

#3.  I want to spend time on this site, reviewing other authors writings, and sharing GP's.

*Checkr*—Other than recently, in the past few months, I've done many reviews along with sharing gp's. The reason it came to a standstill recently was because I was taking a New Horizon's class and didn't have time for both. Now I'm also supposed to be working on editing my husband's book and wasn't reviewing because of that either. I'm trying to get back into it again. This week I managed four reviews so far and am hoping for an additional two reviews before tomorrow night.

#4.  I want to incorporate some sort of exercise program in my life, maybe not daily, but more than once a week. I need to pre-plan walking at the Mall with my friend after we take our daughters to school, and eventually get involved in some type of aerobic program.

*Checkv*—I didn't start this until more recently. I joined Planet Fitness last spring and was more faithful with it than I expected. I also have been walking with a different friend at the mall this winter 1-2 days per week for at least 1.5 miles up to 2 miles.

#5.  I want to utilize my time more wisely and to help me do so, fill in the daytimer I received for Christmas. I need to input all the information I know about for the year so I can put it to good use and increase my time management.

Weekly Resolutions:

#1.  Get my business paperwork done by the end of January, get taxes paid.

#.2  Spend time in the basement, (which is hard to do as it's very cold down there this time of year), but I really need to get rid of clutter, a yearly project, unfortunately. *Check* My daughters took care of this for me last year as they wanted to take all their extra bookcases to the basement and bought furniture to utilize the space for a hangout. So this is no longer something I have to manage.

#3.  Write at least 500 words weekly.

I have several blogs, but I still run in streaks on how often I write in them. I am working on putting together some articles so I can sign up for some websites that pay writers for content, or put together writers and clients.

#4. Work on the Praise research project that I began a few years ago. Get to Pslam 119 by April so that I can get started in contacting specific publishers about it. —Haven't touched this at all.

#5. Find another author who would like to try to co-write stories with me.

#6. Work on at least 1 item weekly, adding chapters. Have a minimum of 3 chapters in two novels done by April/May.

#7. Get involved in more contests. —I did do nano this last year, as a rebel, but I did finish my goal.

#8. Update these goals throughout the year as needed.





** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
© Copyright 2008 Marsha Musselman (sha4852 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1370253-Dear-Me