*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1370525-Within-The-Temptation-Chapter-1
by Mai
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Action/Adventure · #1370525
Here is chapter 1 of within the temptation, enjoy!!
Part 1, Before the Crash


CHAPTER 1


Dominic Chevelia lay on his bed, reading the book “A Christmas Carol,” by Charles Dickens.  He sighed as he couldn’t read any longer.  He blinked.  His eyes were of a golden color.  He sat up from his bed, running his hand through his long white hair.  White hair at 17 was something that rarely ever happened to someone.  He had it at birth.  He didn’t like to cut it; so instead, he placed it in a low ponytail. 
Dominic folded the page, and set the book on a near by table.  He sighed as he looked towards the ceiling.  The room was dim, and gave the small eerie feeling.  He shook his head slightly, rubbing his eyes to get rid of the feeling from reading so many words. 
“Dominic dear, come down here for a second,” a voice came from down stairs.  Dominic sighed as he heard his others words.  “There’s someone here to see you,” the voice called again.  He sighed once more after he pulled himself up from the bed and walked over to the bedroom door.
         The door had various posters of bands.  3 doors down, My Chemical Romance, Billy Talent, were the few that were there.  Dominic opened the door; it creaked as he opened it.  He walked down the many stairs to the entrance balcony, looking down to see his mother, and then there was his girlfriend Karina.  He just stood there and sighed, wanting to turn around and go back to his room.
         “Listen, I already told you, it’s over!” he said in a harsh tone, eyeing is ex girlfriend.  Tears were in Karina’s eyes.
         “But hon…” she trailed off when Dominic gave her “the look.”  Tears now streamed down Karina’s face.  “How cruel, why you would do something like this to me?” she asked in a whimper.  “All those times I stood up for you.  Why are you doing this to me?” she asked, words not even forming correctly.
         “IT’S OVER,” Dominic screamed.  “I’m done with you!  Leave, NOW!” he roared and turned on his heel back to his bedroom, his mind and body filled with rage.  He was angry because his mother had let her in.  A week before, Karina and Dominic were on a date at a school dance for graduation.  But something had gone totally wrong.  The two of them had decided they would never go out with someone else.  But Karina had done the total opposite.  As Dominic left for punch, Karina was with another guy.  She was with the jock of the school.  Dominic was furious with her for doing something like that. If she wanted him back, she would have to do it in some other way.
         Dominic stormed into his room and slammed the door.  Dominic swore after every word he said.  He was furious, and nothing was going to stop that.  He grabbed a remote from the top of the TV and switched it on, but soon got bored of it and switched to reading a book again.  He was impatient, and couldn’t do one thing for more then five minutes. 
         Dominic couldn’t keep still, he through the book to the other side of the room.  It bounced off the wall and landed on a pile of cloths.  He continued to swear, he couldn’t stop.  Dominic decided to grab the remote from the table and turn the CD player on.  He pressed the play button, but the music didn’t turn on.  “Why the-“he stopped him self before he swore every known word known to man kind.  He through the remote in rage, it was out of batteries.
         “Dominic? Dominic?” his mother called, he was in no mood for her to come up and complain that’ he should go apologize.
         “Leave me alone!” he screamed once again as there was a knock on his door. 
         “But Dominic dear, she wants to talk to you,” his mother insisted.  This only added to his rage.
         “Mom, do you know what she did to me?” he asked in a rather loud tone.  The sound carried through the empty hallways, down to the stairs.  “She cheated on me, that’s what she did to me!” he yelled again. 
         As Dominic protested more, Karina was standing near them, listening to every word spoken. Tears were still in her eyes, and they now streamed from her face, almost seeming like she was making a puddle of clear, salty tears on the floor below her.  “I didn’t mean to,” Karina said in a quiet tone, “I didn’t mean to!” she said and turned around, running down the stairs and into the street.
         That was her mistake, running into the street.  A semi was coming at full speed, straight towards Karina.    Karina’s eyes opened wide.  The semi was going to fast to stop.  Karina had no time to move out of the way. The semi swerved, but not in time to save the life of Karina’s. 
         It was a pile of smoke from the window from where Dominic and his mother stand.  Dominic’s father had also come to see what had happened.  After the smoke cleared, there were puddles of blood everywhere.  The semi had been tipped over, and it didn’t look like the driver was alive either.
         “Honey, call 911,” Dominic’s father explained as he left the room, out into the site of the scene.  Dominic’s eyes were wide.  He staggered backwards back onto his bed.  He looked lifeless.  Was this his fault that this happened? If he accepted to talk to his ex, would it change the fact?  Tears had started to form in his eyes.  Why were they though?  He didn’t care about her anymore. 
         His mother was franticly dialing 911, and stating what needed to be said.  Five minutes later this seemed like forever.  Ambulance and police cars could be heard from the distance.  Hiss mother was crying.  Dominic was pale. He gulped.  His mother moved towards him and started to hug him.  Her tears were soaked up in his shirt.  All Dominic could think of was that it was his fault that she died… 
© Copyright 2008 Mai (micky320 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1370525-Within-The-Temptation-Chapter-1