*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1371574-a-kidnapping-unfinished
Rated: 18+ · Novella · Drama · #1371574
not sure yet. it's about a kidnapping.
*Note to self: Fix tense*

Finally home. Lucy stepped through her front door, dropping her purse and books. She bent down to peck a kiss on Lolly's cold, wet noise and shrugged off her jacket to fall to the floor. She slipped out of her shoes and the pressure of those damned high heals left her feet sore even on the plush carpet. She lifted her thumb and forefinger up to the bridge of her nose and squeezed. Leaving everything as it lay she walked through her house, into the bedroom and collapsed upon the bed. She managed to shed all her clothes, braid her hair and pull the quilt up over her head before falling into an exhausted coma. Her scruffy mutt settled on the bed in the crook of her knees.


The silver light from the moon filtered through the white lace curtains and upon the sleeping woman. She'd pulled the quilt down as she slept just above her chest. The moon light cast her skin a pale white and shone over her hair, it was dark, the degree indistinguishable in the lack of light but it was a hearty chestnut.

The ceiling fan beat a steady tattoo, a background to the sound of the heavy rain fall outside. The only other sound the breath coming from the woman's mouth and the snoring from her dog. The room smelled green. A hard to describe scent of foliage plants sitting on a dresser by the window and a bouquet of yellow roses in a crystal vase on the nightstand next to her bed. The calm, serene atmosphere of the bedroom was disrupted by a massive pile of laundry on the floor in the far corner of the room and the most recent clothes in front of the bed.

She shot wide awake as a hand wound around her delicate throat and another clamped down over her mouth. She stared, terrified, into steely cobalt eyes.

She was frozen with shock and intense fear. Then she began thrashing and the man's hand squeezed her neck with bruising force, the blanket slid off her chest and her hands flew from the man's wrist to her chest, quickly grabbing up the blanket and clutching it to her breast. He relaxed his grip and glanced down and let his gaze linger over the length of her. He smirked. She froze still again. And he leaned down and spoke softly into her ear. "Hiya Lucy."

The smirk vanished. "Now I'm going to take my hand off your mouth and if you be a good girl and don't scream, I won't shoot you."

She looked down at his waist and could make out the outline of a sleek black gun. He slowly took his hand off her mouth and throat. She grabbed the blanket up around herself and tried to get up to run but he pushed her back down on the bed and laughed.

Another man came into the room, "The car is here."

"Good. Shut that fucking dog up!"

"No, please!" Lucy said sitting up. "Don't hurt her!"
The second man grabbed the dog and restrained her.

"You do what I say and you and your dog won't get hurt. He's just going to take the dog into the other room and leave the two of us alone."

The other man closed the door behind him as he left. Her kidnapper said, "You're going to get dressed. We're going some where. None of your fucking business where so don't ask. Just get dressed."
She stared at him.
"What did I just say?!"

"I can't infront-", she began.

"You'll do it or I'll drag you out of that bed and to the car naked for all my men to see. Hurry up."

He laughed while she gathered the blanket up around herself and walked to the closet where she pulled out the first thing she saw. She came back to the bed and started to slide the jeans up a leg.

"No underwear you dirty girl?"

Her face turned red and she jumped up and went to the dresser and slid open the drawer. She stared into it confused. Her mind wasn't working in all her panic.

"Jesus!" He stormed up to the dresser and shifted through it. He picked up a pair of matching black bra and underwear and shoved it into her arms and slammed the drawer shut causing plants to come crashing down to the white carpet.

She narrowed her eyes, "Hey!"

"Shut up and get dressed!" In a dangerous silky voice he said, "I'm not going to say it again."

She struggled with the blanket, trying to shield herself and dress at the same time. As soon as she pulled on the last sock he grabbed her by her wrist and yanked her off the bed.

He pulled open the door and strode through the house and out to the car dragging her along with him. She could hardly keep up and tried grabbing onto passing furniture but he pulled her right along. He shoved her into the back of a black van and got in beside her. One of the men threw the dog in and slammed the doors shut. A couple of seconds later the car was moving.

She clutched Lolly to her and stared at the floor. No thoughts entered her mind save for the fact that she was very aware that her socks were wet and her feet were freezing. One of the men in the back with them taped her wrists together and her feet. She started trembling and the tears started. She shut her eyes tight but couldn't make them stop.

"Stop crying!" Her kidnapper said but she only cried harder. He grabbed her by her hair and forced her head back so she would have to look up at him but she kept her eyes closed. "Look at me!" He yelled and pulled her hair viciously. She opened her eyes and looked at him. "I said stop crying. Do you understand me?"

"I'm trying!"

"Tape her fucking mouth shut." He pulled her head forward and the other guy stretched tape over her mouth. He abruptly pushed her back and her head hit the wall of the van. Lolly crawled out of her lap and laid down at her side. She went back to staring vacantly at the floor.


The van came to stop and the door was opened. An icy wet blast hit their faces. She was pulled from the van onto a tarmac slick from rain by a man outside. There was a small jet a few hundred feet away. She balked when she saw it and struggled to get out of his grasp but he carried her to the plane and up the stairs. She was pushed into a seat and Lolly was dropped on her lap.

The man who kidnapped her entered the jet and took the seat next to her. She started to get up but he grabbed the dog off her lap by her scruff and she yelped. "Sit down!" She sat down and he dropped the dog to the floor. She tried to get over his legs back to her so he picked it up and dropped it back on her lap.

The door was shut and the boarding stairs fell away from the jet as it started to take off. Lucy stared out the window and watched the pavement abandon the jet. She pushed the back of her head into the seat and shut her eyes. She knew the man was watching. She could feel his steely eyes boring into her face. As the plane leveled out and the clouds raced past it all became too much and she fell into the exhausted sleep she wasn't able to finish before.


****If anyone has any advice to make my writing not sound abrupt and awkward and hackneyed, please feel free to tell me!

ALSO, I have no idea why he kidnapped her! I want it to be about revenge but don't know more than that.

I totally haven't figured out Lucy's character yet but the kidnapper is tall, dark and handsome (of course) and super rich (of course) so it's not about money. Also, he's not crazy. Just REALLY angry.

Lucy also doesn't know him, they've never met.

Any ideas?













© Copyright 2008 OhMySweetPajamas (ohmysweetpjs at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1371574-a-kidnapping-unfinished