*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1372163-The-Call
Rated: ASR · Other · Inspirational · #1372163
A woman dreams of being a pastor.
                                                        The Call
                                                        Part 1


Tammy sat there in the pew, watching the preacher preach. For years now she had been a Baptist. She loved church and she loved God. She often thought she would like to be a preacher but she knew that it was not to be. Female preachers were not accepted around here, or many other places either. She went to speak to the preacher about her feeling's hoping to find peace of mind. But all she found was more grief, he had told her that it was not biblical for a woman to preach the gospel. So Tammy let her dream pass, even through she had something in her heart telling her she needed to do this. Almost one year had passed since she had spoke to her pastor. She still felt strongly about her feelings to become a pastor of a church.  Tammy did not understand why she could not become a pastor, she loved God and she wanted to preach about him.  But  what she wanted was just simply not aloud. Women were women and men were men, and women were lower than men. She hated that way of thinking, why did men get to do thing’s juts because they were men. But she had been to ever church in town. And not one would even consider it once they found out Tammy was a  woman. Tammy was getting more and more depressed by the day. How can I do what God is leading me to do if the churches wont let me? Tammy sat there in her room thinking, just because they are  men they have a foot in the door. And just because I am a woman,  I am counted out. It just dose not seam fair, but how can I change how they think if they wont even give me a chance to show them I am a good preacher. Tammy sat for hours trying to think of something she had not tried. But nothing came to mind, Tammy was almost about to give up when something became clear.
If they want a man to preach to them, if they want to see a man at the pulpit Sunday morning, then they’ll have a man.  Tammy’s ideal seamed crazy, but crazy enough to work. All she would have to do it cut her hair and buy a new cloths, talk a little deeper. It could work, instead of Tammy King she would be Bro. Tom King. It would take her some time to get her act together but once she did, she would go to a church and preach. A few months had passed, Tammy or Tom was ready she had all her document’s in a few months she had become Tom King.  She was ready to give it a go, she had a interview with a small southern church. Tammy walked up to the church door’s and before she placed her hand on the door knob, she felt this great feeling like she was opening a door for women every were. Tammy opened the door and made her way to the office were she would be interviewed. Tammy sat down in the waiting room, the secretary called her name. Tom King, he’ll see you now. For some reason Tammy had a strange feeling about this, she realized if they found her out it would be all over town and she could never try again. So it was very important to either nail this or just be sent away. But at all coast not be found she was a woman, Tammy sat down in the big chair waiting foe her interview to begin. The man started to ask questions, Tammy answered in the deepest voice she possibly could have. As the interview went on, the man started to joke around with Tammy.  Before Tammy knew it the interview was over, the man dismissed her. As Tammy stood up to leave, thinking she had messed up. The man spoke, you know I have to run everything by committee, but if you want to hang around town for awhile I give you a call back pretty quick. Tammy’s heart almost burst when the man said this, so with that Tammy agreed. With in three hour’s Tammy was preaching that following Sunday for the members and that night she would be voted in or out.
© Copyright 2008 Supergirl (supergirlseew at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1372163-The-Call