*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1372187-Dear-Me
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Contest · #1372187
My letter to myself for 2008
Dear Me,

Are you listening?  Do I have your complete and focused attention?

That's good. 

I am writing you this letter to tell you some of the goals I thought of that you may want to consider for 2008. You don't have to complete every single one of them but you have to at least attempt everything.  I know this is going to be difficult for you however, these goals are important mostly for your self growth.  These goals reflect the emotional and physical corrections that will help you lead a positive, healthy and fruitful life. 

It's time to start so here they are:

1. Stop being afraid of the shower and use it regularly.   I'm not judging you and I know how the depression you suffer from make this so difficult.  You do however, need to take more pride in yourself.Most of all remember "YOU DESERVE IT! " You know that once you are there, you love it. You love the water, the relaxation, and the pampering you do for yourself.

2. Continue to 'Lose weight in 2008.  (Oh I'm so creative; it almost rhymes)
What I really need to bring to your attention  is that many things you do to loose this weight is not healthy.  You are doing a good job of eating some sort of breakfast.  You do not do this consistently.  I know you say "There's nothing here I want to eat. Everything takes some kind of planning.  This coincides with your next resolution.

3.  Think ahead.  Don't set yourself up to fail. 
I realize that money is tight however you need to ask for what you want and need which is your next resolution.  Take responsibility for yourself.  Know that there was something you could do or not do to avoid this situation. Do this and you WILL NOT fail.

4. Ask for what you need and want. 
You're not used to doing this because of your  strict Italian upbringing. Don't let that stop you.  Do it!  When you do so, you won't  have the negative feelings you normally have.  "Ask and thou shalt receive" is more than a bible phrase, it's the key to your growth.

5. Just do it! 
Stop looking for reasons why you cannot, look for reasons why you CAN.
Doing one thing towards your goal will alleviate that negative feeling.  Doing one thing at a time, and doing it at the speed and time you need. 

6. Don't overdo.
Oh yes, that is a big one.  When you are feeling depressed you don't want to do anything. When you do have energy you go full force doing all those things you left undone plus some.  Doing things, one at a time can get you moving when you are depressed, and not so overloaded when you are not.  How do you eat an elephant?  One bite at a time.

7. Write, write, write.
This cannot be emphasized more.  Writing pulls you out of your depression by creating the world you would rather be in.  Writing is therapeutic; helping you put your ideas on paper so you can organize your thoughts and visually see where the flaws are in your thinking.  Remember, you now have control of your privacy issues and can alleviate any concerns of privacy invasion. 

8.  Go outside;   even if you have to force yourself.
The vitamin D you get from the sunshine need not be taken in large doses.  Again, pace yourself.  Smell the fresh air. Listen to the sound of birds chirping, the occasional squirrel scampering across the lawn, and occasionally, if you really look, you'll see the Iguanas hiding in the trees. 

9. End your day with gratitude.
Gratitude for nature; gratitude for your family, gratitude for your friends and gratitude that your health needs are being taken care of.  You need to see all the wonderful things that surround you and improve.

10. Most of all be nice to yourself.
No one is stopping you from doing so. Take advantage of any "me time" you can find.  Quit talking yourself out of those things that bring you pleasure.There is so much more I want to say to you.  Love yourself as much as I love you.  Know that your inner being demands this.  You know all the other things. this will  provide your life with better quality than you now have.  I know you know this because I saw you wrote down them on paper. 

I look forward to sharing a year of successes with you in the new year.
© Copyright 2008 Marine Mom (marcysheck at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1372187-Dear-Me