*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1372739-Forget
Rated: E · Prose · Political · #1372739
Sometimes we must forget the negative aspects of our lives to appreciate the good.
Forget......

Forget your PRIDE, strip it from your body like your clothes before a passionate interlude.

Forget your ANGER, leave it by the roadside for another to wear as their badge of courage.

Forget your RESENTMENT, remove it as you would your hat no longer useful at days end as it leaves you free to hope and dream.

Forget the PAIN, no longer in existance it can be vanquished simply with your life breath.

Forget the HYPOCRITES, two-faced and burdened by all of these weapons they do not rule you, You DO!

Forget the WARS, what will be will be, people are born and people die but each one fights for what they believe and no one shall leave this earth unless it is no longer of value to them and their growth.

Forget the FEAR, nothing can hurt you in such away as to damage your immortal soul, except for you!

Forget the DOGMA, No one is better than or worse than you because they believe something different, or cut there food differently, pray in a different direction, talk to God in a different language, find comfort in different traditions or even hate you because you are not a practitioner of their religion.

Forget the JUDGEMENTS, You may judge yourself and no one else! God has reserved the right to do that, no matter what you call him/her. He still sees you and knows you and is a part of everyone, regardless the doctrine.

Forget above all else the SELF-RIGHTEOUSNESS, this you must wash from your mind and your heart and your skin so that it will not taint your children and overflow into our future generations.

Forget the weapons my friends but remember the fight!

Melissa Siverson
~2007~

© Copyright 2008 Melissa Siverson (nordicdaughter at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1372739-Forget