*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1372867-The-Ancient-Ones
by Jack
Rated: E · Other · Fantasy · #1372867
Fantasy story depicting the first war between humans and machines
The Ancient Ones


In the beginning, there was Atlantis, the first known civilization of man. It existed around about 100,000 B.C in place known to modern man as Antarctica. Back then  ,there was no ice in Antarctica and the continent was a vast archipelago surrounding the south pole.

Atlantis was the most advanced civilization of its time. For thousands of years they sailed the world’s oceans and established large empires that stretched into the far reaches of the earth , building monuments along the way to preserve their achievements and their wisdom. They also built ships that  took them into the far reaches of space and back.

One day , there was a boy , named Brahma, who was one of the greatest and the youngest scientists and philosophers of Atlantis conceived ‘The Cube’. It  was an invention that revolutionized Atlantean technology and gave rise to a new generation of machines that consciousness and the ability to think and it wasn’t long that the product of his invention was seen in almost every aspect of Atlantean society .They were seen in  the workforce ,the police force and the military but they were also seen in politics. However, as time went by, the people of Atlantis became more and more dependent on these machines, which concerned Brahma .He feared that  being  too dependent on these machines would soon led to an era where the destiny of the human race would be determined by the machines they built . He watched on as Atlantis fell under a new empire. An empire ruled by machines which gave birth to a new civilization known as ‘The Matematikans’, an entire race of machines.

But he was not alone.

There were many others who saw the beginning of this new civilization. Together, they formed a large, underground movement called the ‘Anti- Maths’, to counter the ever increasing dominance of The Matematikans. They secretly established the Anti-Maths Army but they did not  fight The Matematikans straight away.

Brahma began other great scientists of Atlantis, including the ones who helped him to invent his ‘ Cube’. In a secret meeting held in a remote village, Shiva , a weapons designer told Brahma and others that The Matematikans were controlled by a network of computers which are connected to a worldwide communications and navigations beacon network known as ‘The Cybershpere’ if translated to the language of modern man. Brahma hacked into the Cybersphere , The Matematikan computer network and brought the world to a standstill. While the rest of the world was in chaos due to the breakdown of the Cybersphere ,he reprogrammed  an entire army of machines on the Antarctic region and captured the entire Antarctic Archipelago within four weeks. He brought his rebel organization with him and their so-called ‘Anti-Maths Army’ to the island chain  to warn the People of Atlantis about  the new machine empire taking over the planet and gained support from the people who lived there. His rebellion, however , did not go unnoticed. The Matematikan machine race , which was already in control of Atlantean worldwide civilization and most of its territories and colonies, made an ultimatum  to Brahma and his followers , stating that “ we are in control of your people. Right now, they’re willing to do what we tell them to do no matter how ridiculous our instructions are.” The machines ordred the various colonies of Atlantis to place harsh sanctions on the Antarctic Archipelago. Brahma and his followers, however, refused to surrender. The Matematikans, realizing that the rebel forces were tough and were unaffected by the sanctions, gave Brahma his rebel movement another warning. He responded by attempting to hack into the Cybersphere again and caused it to malfunction. With the Cybersphere rendered useless, the Matematikans were unable to use their nuclear missiles against the rebels ,which  gave the rebels time to prepare a plan against the Matematikans and an alternate plan to escape if things got out of control.

Soon after Brahma caused havoc on the Cybersphere  he traveled to an island in the central regions of the Antarctic Archipelago called the Mount Meru island ,a large island with a mountain in the middle called Mount Meru where there was a temple, which was a secret lab. The  lab contained a time machine  and a giant particle accelerator and other bizarre gadgets.  Over there he tried to use the Cybersphere and hack into the computer network that controlled the Matematikans which turned out to be a failure. The Matematikans intercepted his hacking signals, manipulated them and regained control of the Cybersphere. They gave Brahma another warning message, asking him to surrender and gave him four days. Brahma who  wanted a place to escape ,carried out an experiment in the lab. He used the particle accelerator to create  a wormhole , connecting  the time Brahma lived in and the time when the universe was young, close to the time of the big bang. He then used the particle accelerator again to heat up the space inside that wormhole to temperatures so extreme that the fabric of space-time inside the wormhole became very unstable and thus a countless number of space-time bubbles were produced ,which expanded outside the dimensions of our universe ,into hyperspace and became universes in their own right.These vast ensemble of universes became known as the ‘Great Cosmic Labyrinth’ . He later activated the time machine he had on the lab and wanted to observe the growth of  those universes but instead stumbled across  a planet earth on a parallel world that turned out to be one of those universes within the Great Cosmic Labyrinth. He soon realized that the world with an exact copy of planet earth produces copies of itself through events that occurred on that universe and found other planet earths within the Great Cosmic Labyrinth.

Meanwhile the Matematikan machine fired nuclear missiles on the waters encompassing  the Antarctic Archipelago, creating tidal waves that submerged the coastlines of the islands of the Archipelago .The machines were surprised to find no trace of human remains on the island chain after the attack.

Although Brahma’s ‘Anti-Maths’ rebel forces were in the Great Cosmic Labyrinth , he was still able to return to the real planet earth . Using the technologies from  the lab at Mt  Meru  he built portals.

He secretly begun transmitting radio signals containing threatening messages to the Matematikans. The machines , who suspected that  the signals were aliens wanting to invade earth fled the planet earth and prepared for war. The rebels came back to the real earth to tell the people of Atlantis that they are free from the machines. The Atlanteans were relieved. However, the Matematikans found out about this, which led to the final battle between man and machines of the pre-historic times. This battle was known as the ‘Battle of a thousand suns’. The  skies of the real earth were  scorched with the intense fire from the massive nuclear bombs from both sides of the conflict, resulting in heavy losses on both sides. However, it was the Mtematikans who suffered the most damage. The Atlantean forces led by Brahma lost their homes on the 'real' planet earth due to the battle, but no human was killed, miraculously.  The powerful electromagnetic pulse effect from the giant nuclear explosions forced the machines shut and brought them into their doom. However, the nuclear explosions were so powerful that they generated massive earthquakes that caused a shift in the earth’s crust, which changed the earth's geological features and plunged the earth into a long period of ice age. Places like Tibet, The Andes, The Nevada desert and parts of South East Asia contains the mass graveyards for these machines. So far  , no one has found them and the devices that could bring those machines back to life. Legend has it that they were closely guarded by Brahma and his rebel forces. It is not known where those devices were kept…


© Copyright 2008 Jack (jackapplemoore at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1372867-The-Ancient-Ones