*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1373293-I-call-this-Pale-Lotus
Rated: XGC · Short Story · Other · #1373293
A short story for him.
The moon hung like a single silver piece on the dark velvet sky covered with sequins and powdered clouds. Snow fluttered down silently, the wind gently gathering them in a whirl into the dark grey stone castle wall. The trees hung bare and the atmosphere was quiet except for slow taps of despair echoing in the top open corridor. And there she appeared; blasphemy against the shadows and the dark, she stood. Her pale skin matching the purest snow that clung to the openings of the hall. Her dark blue cloak held onto her shoulders as she stepped forward. She leaned out toward the opening, her dark brown hair littered with the white flakes of winter; feeling the cool burst of the wind. Light blue fabric hugged her hips, her breasts and her arms; a white sash seemingly tied her down to this place.

She held out a pale hand out of the window, letting the icy flakes gather onto her palm. Her pink lips curved into small smile as she felt the cold against her bare skin. Her dark eyes shone with the light of the fading stars that scattered through the sky and let out a content sigh. The wind slightly twisted itself around her curvacious body, going up from her ankles to her hips and slithering around her bare neck. She gasped as the refreshing coolness overcame her. She tilted her head upwards and smiled at the heavens. There was a shuffling behind her, but she needn't turn around.

"Must you constantly seek me out, my Lord?" She whispered as she shifted the gathering snow through her fingers. Her hair covering most of her face as she lowered her head to look out onto the horizon.

"Mustn't I?" He answered behind her, emerging from the darkness, covered in heavy leather. She didn't turn to face him, rather she look out toward the darkness of the night; watching the moonbeams bouncing off the fresh snow. His broad sword shone through his sheath as he came close behind her. He took his leather clad hand and tame fingers as he slid them down from her pale cheek to the nape of her neck. "You mustn't wonder off, my dearest, for the dark may steal your innocence." She lowered her head and looked upon her colorless hands, decorated with dropplets.

"The darkness fascinates me, my Lord. Alas, the darkness may have me as a mistress but never as a lover. The night may call me out, but my pale skin may never touch his wretched face. He will always be far from me and even further from my soul." She said absently, turning away from the window as sadness overwhelmed her. He tilted her chin up with one gloved hand and saw her crystal tears fall mutely down her now pink cheeks.

"My pale lotus, your fragil looks decieve. The light in your eyes would destroy the darkness of any man and melt the stone heart of him. The flame of your passion and the brightness that shines from the depth of thy body makes any man unworthy of you." He said, his smile reassuring and his pressure warm against her body, "You're such a livid creature, my love. Only the cruelest master could ever deny you."
© Copyright 2008 AnonBlues (anonblues at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1373293-I-call-this-Pale-Lotus