*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1373973-Mickis-Story
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Other · Fantasy · #1373973
I wrote this for my friend for her 16th Birthday...
“Micki! Look out!” Cheree Creamer yelled as she pulled Michelle Barrington back onto the sidewalk just before a school bus rattled by. “What’s wrong with you?”

“I was just thinking about the art assignment we were given today.” Michelle replied.

“Well that’s not worth getting killed over.”

“Yeah. I know. I’ve just been really out of it lately.”

“Well here’s my street so I’ll see you at school on Monday. Ok. Bye.”

“Bye.” Michelle walked the rest of the way more aware around the roads. When she got home no one was there. She thought nothing of it and went to her room and turned on the radio. The song just finished and her favorite song came on. She sang along to it. It got later and later. The sun slowly slipped below the horizon. And still her parents didn’t show up. She finally decided to search the house for money to get a pizza.

“Hi. Can I have a barbecue meatlovers with extra pepperoni please?”

“Sure. We have a special offer going at the moment. So for and extra four dollars you could get a 1.25 litre coke and garlic bread.”

“Umm… give me a second.” She put down the phone and looked around the house. After she found two dollars in the couch she picked up the phone. “Are you sill there?”

“Yes.”

“I’ll have the offer please.” She told him the address and hung up. She didn’t know what to do so she got the video ready to watch ‘The Three Musketeers’. When the movie was just about to come on the doorbell rang. She went and answered it, thinking it was her parents. It wasn’t. It was the delivery boy.

“Here you go. That’ll be nine dollars fifty.” She handed him the money. “Also the garlic is a bit stronger than usual. That’s the reason why we’re offering the special. Is that alright?”

“Sure that’s fine. Thank you. Bye.” Michelle said and closed the door. She went back to the T.V. and watched the movie. She loved it. No matter how many times she watched it she didn’t get sick of it. When the movie finished and she’d eaten all she could; three pieces of pizza, the whole garlic bread (there wasn’t much to begin with) and a third of the coke. She went to the bathroom to brush her teeth. The delivery boy was right when he said the garlic bread was stronger than usual. She thought to herself. As she spread the toothpaste on her toothbrush a shadow fell across the sink. She quickly looked up into the mirror but didn’t see anyone. She looked back down at the shadow. Her neck started to tingle. And she got goosebumps on her arms and legs. She turned around but couldn’t hold back the scream that escaped her lips. Michelle was standing face-to-face with a vampire.

She noticed that he cowered a bit when she screamed. Not from the scream but from the garlic on her breathe. She breathed on him again then barged past him while he drew back. She ran through the house thinking about what she could use to kill the vampire. Or something more she could use for protection besides her breath. Then she remembered that her mum had bought a jar of crushed garlic. She ran to the fridge and pulled it out then fished a spoon out of the drawer. A stake?

Where am I going to get a stake? She asked herself. She ran out of the back door. The chair! Her dad had broken one of the wooden chairs and just dumped it in a pile in the backyard. She grabbed the two legs that had broken off and went back inside to search for the vampire. She found him walking slowly down the hallway toward her. He wore a sick, twisted smile on his lips. Her hands were behind her back with a chair leg in each one. The jar of crushed garlic and spoon were in her cargo-pants pocket. She moved both chair legs to one hand and slipped her other hand in her pocket. She pulled a spoonful of garlic out. She felt slightly repelled from the smell so she threw the spoon at him. The garlic splattered on his neck. The vampire paused then started to advance on her again. It didn’t do much so she threw the jar at him. All the color that was in his face drained away but he still advanced on Michelle. She jumped forward and with all her might jammed one of the chair legs into his chest. It didn’t go in very far though. He took a swing at her but missed.

She hit the chair leg that was protruding from his chest with the other one. It went deeper. She hit it again and again. Each time driving it deeper and deeper. And each time the vampire got weaker and weaker, until he collapsed on the floor in a heap and disappeared in a cloud of smoke. Then she heard banging on the closet door. She was still standing there deciding if she should open it or not when she heard her dad’s voice.

“Michelle! Michelle, are you there?”

Then her mum’s voice came through. “Michelle if you’re there let us out.” Michelle opened the closet. “Where’s that man?”

“What man?”

“The salesman. He was selling something – forget what now – he was dressed quite strangely with one of those hats with the side and back flaps on it and he also had sunglasses on as well. He also had gloves on. We invited him in for a drink of water and then he shoved us in here and mumbled something about dessert. Is anything gone?”

“Not that I know of.”

“Well he’s gone now. Are you hungry?” Her dad asked. Hungry? I’m not hungry. I’m starving. She thought. She looked at them and smiled to herself as her teeth slid down to make fangs.
© Copyright 2008 JubeCube ~ official homeowner! (jubecube at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1373973-Mickis-Story