*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1375202-Mimi-Momo-Not-completed
Rated: E · Short Story · Family · #1375202
A brief story about my daughter in early elementary.
My daughter in her early years coined the phrase Mimi-Momo which stood for the two of us together. Her nickname and mine as one. We often called each other Mimi-Momo and others would look at us wondering what we were talking about, but it was something we uniquely shared for many years.

Mimi as a kindergartner attend a small Christian school, Liberty Christian. She went to full day classes on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Mimi made new friends, learned new things in school and took naps. She loved wearing the new dresses that were especially made for her to wear to school. Her teacher was kind and loving, as well as, soft-spoken. I think of her and have extremely fond memories of her as my child's first experience with the educational system.

Graduation from Kindergarten was a high-point for our family. Mimi was our little princess growing up and moving on in the world. Her grandparents and aunt drove from different ends of the state to watch with us as she ascended from a mere kindergartner to a first grader. We watched as she dawned her cap and gown with her dressy shoes and her ponytails and bangs. Her smiles was so bright and full of excitement. Our eyes were filled with loving admiration as she recited her various parts, poems and songs in the graduation program.  What a wonderful occasion to have vividly embedded into our memories.

Work in progress...
© Copyright 2008 mzmoniluv (mzmoniluv at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1375202-Mimi-Momo-Not-completed