*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1375389-The-Mind-Game
Rated: E · Short Story · Psychology · #1375389
Truth is in the mind of the beholder.
The Mind Game

“Ponder this, Bucko. Everything you've been talking about is not real.”

“What’s not real?”

“All that you see, experience, touch, and know.”

“How do you figure?”

“Everything you perceive is just that - a perception.”

“Where did you get such a hair-brained idea?”

“From a book I read. It postulates that everything we regard as real is merely an extension of our consciousness. We individually have created it to serve our own learning and growth needs and to nurture our own Spirit as it were.”

“Hogwash!”

“No. Really.

“How is it you were able to read a book? By your definition, the book is not real.”

“The book is a projection of my own making, a facet I have conjured to seem real as a tool to move to a higher level of development as a sentient being.”

“Double hogwash!”

“I’m revealing the Truth to you here; an insight you need to consider.”

“Well, consider this.”

“Ow!”

“What?”

“Stop pinching me. That hurts.”

“No it doesn’t, you just think it does.”

“You don’t get it.”

“Oh really.”

“Yes, really. I have created you from my consciousness - you and your pinches - and I’ve done such a good job with my creative powers I’m even able to fool myself.”

“Oh brother! Are you nuts?”

“That wasn’t nice.”

“What are you doing?”

“I’m visualizing.”

“Visualizing what?”

“Visualizing you out of my reality. Poof! Like a bad dream.”

“That’s ridiculous! I don't believ- -”
© Copyright 2008 Brent Sisson (cybersisson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1375389-The-Mind-Game