*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1376723-Joy
Rated: E · Short Story · Food/Cooking · #1376723
JuJu beans are magical fruit Well, not much fruit, but beans. Unless they are human. hmm
Joy was an average girl… besides the fact that she was a bean. And the fact that she was no average bean. She was a juju bean. She did not fit in with the other juju beans, no… she was different.

You see… she had smelly bean feet. Every time she took off her bean shoe (for she only had one leg), the babies screamed and the children cried many bean tears. The older bean children would walk up to her and point and laugh saying “HAHA, you are a bean freak! You smell funny and you have one leg.” And then she would run away backwards (well, hop backwards) into the enchanted juju bean forest.

One day in the forest after a particularly bad day, she met a magical bean fairy. And she talked to the fairy, telling ALL of her problems. The fairy looked at her and smiled a friendly bean smile, and said “So, basically you are a freak”

“Yes. A freak that smells funny and walks backwards”

The fairy shrugged it’s bean shoulders “And has only 1 leg”

Joy looked down, “Oh, yeah… that too”

The fairy lifted its wand and asked joy “I can make all your problems go away… would you like that?”

“Oh, YES!” squealed Joy with… err… joy. “YES I would like that VERY much!”

So the friendly bean fairy waved its wand and sang in a non-rhythmic tune “Dingle flam shroobert, Titley True, Nature has not been kind to a poor creature such as yourself. Change this bean into something normal for goodness sakes” and then it tapped her on her head with its bean wand.

The next thing Joy knew, she was a human standing dazed and confused, stark naked in the middle of a bean garden.

An old woman came out and seemed to be very startled to see a young girl standing naked in her garden. She ran into the house.

She came out a few minutes later with a blanket, and she threw it over Joys human head.

Joy walked with the old woman and told her the story of when she used to be a bean girl who had a smelly bean foot that made the bean children cry bean tears. The old woman just stared.

“But you aren’t making any sense! You have two feet and they do not smell. And you are walking forwards!”

And then Joy told her about the bean fairy that made all her troubles disappear by turning her human. The old woman asked to be excused.

Joy said it was fine, and sat down and waited. In a few minutes, a giant van came and picked up Joy and brought her to the doctors office where they gave her a psychological evaluation which deemed her insane.

She now spends her days in the Happy Jumping Bean Asylum where she is given heavy sedatives and psych medications.

Isn’t it great being normal!?!?   

The End.
© Copyright 2008 Leos Vires (leos_vires at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1376723-Joy