*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1379126-a-self-imposed-exile
by Lennon
Rated: 13+ · Monologue · Death · #1379126
a dark little piece most likely formed from excessive solitude
What hatred lies in this mans heart, what fear breeds in the dark, what loathing rots away the soul, diseased and putrid and vile. Hide this savage beast from the world unaware; force it away into a drug-fuelled coma, the opiate complacency of bitter defeat. The wretched disgust that boils away beneath the rind, the grotesque denial of flesh and form, and the anger contained within at the world without.
Seething at the existence of pitiful thought and fantasy, the skin will never know the pain of the spirit, the agitation caused when no blade will offer the final solution. With this He screams at these empty walls, his prison cell inside his head, his self-imposed sentence of solitary confinement.
His blood spills out again and again, Bleaching the white page black, letting loose the words as violent fists of rage. He kills his pride, his hope, his dreams. He murders his love, his compassion, his guilt. Hide the tears in the cold dark night, run from the knowledge of his regret, destroy the mind to save the body.
His demons are His only friends, all contact with an outside world only fuels the fire already out of control, not even the horrors of death sate his desire for pain, his need of anguish, yet sleep can still hold solace, if only he would let it come.
This darkened room where anxiety seeps from the walls, this dungeon where he unleashes his fury bares no marks of his wrath. Yet still the words flow like blood from his fractured wound, but not committed pen to page, for his darkness cannot come into this world. Instead he hides away, keeping it all inside, keeping all those away who want to know where he hides.
© Copyright 2008 Lennon (lennon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1379126-a-self-imposed-exile