*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1379653-In-Destinys-Arms--chapter-1
by Laina
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Romance/Love · #1379653
Lena wishes Blaze would notice her.... and doesnt realize he does....
“Lena! Lena, snap out of it!”
My best friend Lola’s voice snapped me back into reality.
“Sorry, Lola, were you saying something?” I stammered.
Lola’s face split into a wide, warm, teasing grin.
“Lena, you’ve got it bad.”
I feigned innocence.
“I’m sure I don’t know what you’re talking about, Lola.”
“You’ve been staring at him all lunch, not to mention that half of chemistry was spent the same way. Not that I can’t see why, damn, but he’s gorgeous!” She burst out.
“I know I am.” Rhysen Creegan sat his tray on the table and dropped down beside me.
“Not you! Blaze...” Lola smacked him on the arm.
“Oh, him.”
“Yeah. Lena’s in love with him.” Lola teased.
“Skyler, you like Blaze? Why wasn’t I informed of this?” He asked, still indignantly refusing to call me Lena, even though I don’t go by my first name anymore.
“Because I don’t. Lola is just being dramatic again.” I sighed in exasperation.
“I’m not the one who has been staring at him all day, Lena.” Lola retorted.
“Hmmm, I don’t think I’ve ever seen Skyler so distracted by a boy before.” Rhysen noted as I zoned back out, gazing at Blaze again.
I couldn’t help it, really, I couldn’t. He was mesmerizing to look at. His jet-black hair was such a contrast to his pale skin. His eyes were a dark grey, almost as though a fire was smouldering, so that now only the smoke was left, the kind of eyes that stare right into your very soul.
“You’re right, Lola. Our little Skyler is hooked.” Rhysen teased.
“Rhysen, shut up.” I glared at them both.
“Touchy.” Lola giggled.
I glanced back at Blaze, only to meet his gaze. He winked at me, and I looked away, embarrassedly.
Rhysen took one look at my cheeks, now tinged a deep pink, and burst out laughing.
“Our darling little princess pink!” Lola teased.
Rhysen gave me a quick squeeze, still laughing.
“Oh, Skyler, we’re only teasing. You know we love you.” he laughed.
“Sometimes I wonder.” I muttered.
The only response I got was another fit of laughter.

                                                        ***

‘She’s beautiful. Really beautiful.’ I thought, staring at her again, watching as she talked to her friends. She tucked a long, chocolate brown curl behind her ear, and I longed to do it for her.
“... and so now my mom has grounded, no, forbidden, me from my car for a month! Blaze, have you heard a single word I’ve said?” Cindy asked, thumping me on the arm.
“Huh... oh, yeah.” I replied, still staring at the girl.
Cindy followed the direction of my eyes.
“Blaze you’re doing it again.”
“Doing what again?”
“Staring at her. Blaze, you’ve been looking at her every chance you’ve gotten for the past week!”
“Alright, you caught me. But she’s just so beautiful.”
“She’s in my Latin class. I could talk to her for you.” Cindy enticed.
“Then you know her?”
“Well, obviously.” Was her smug-faced reply.
“What’s her name? How old is she? Is she seeing somebody? What’s she like?” I looked at Cindy eagerly.
“Lena. Her name is Lena.”
“Lena.” I whispered, just to hear the name. It felt so natural...and like nothing I had ever heard before.
I wondered if she heard me, because right at that minute, she looked at me. I mean, right at me. I winked at her and smiled as she looked away, her cheeks now a deep shade of pink.
Cindy continued. “She’s 16, and as far as I know she is single. Lena is one of those ‘sweet as candy’ type of people. You know, everybody loves her.”
I glanced back over at her, just as the guy beside her hugged her. I clenched my fists to stop from going over and knocking the guy out cold. Who was that anyway?                                     
© Copyright 2008 Laina (littledreamer1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1379653-In-Destinys-Arms--chapter-1