*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1381968-Celebrate-Daylight-Savings-Time
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Essay · Inspirational · #1381968
Early Nov 4, I took a break from NaNoWriMo to write down my thoughts on DST.
We are now in the magic hour; the hour that doesn’t really exist. We’ve already experienced 1:00 am to 2:00 am already and here it is again. For in this one hour, this extra hour, anything can happen. None of the rules apply. That one person that you’ve dreamed of kissing? Go, now, kiss her. Run across town in your nightshirt, wake her up, pull her face towards yours, and kiss her. Tell her all the things you’ve longed to tell her. Tell her you will visit her during every magic hour until she sees you for who you truly are. Then listen, truly listen to her. During this hour there are no deadlines, no hassles, no traffic, no appointments, no reason not to listen to all she has to say. And if she says she loves you, embrace her. Not just her body but her whole life. Her troubles, her worries, her joys; accept them. And if, instead, she says she does not love you, then you can still inspire her. Tell her of the magic hour. Encourage her to fully live the hour, to dream the hour, even if it’s not with you. And if she runs across town in her nightshirt to tell someone else how she truly feels, let her go. Let her go and move on. You have time. It’s not 2:00 yet. Open your heart and listen, truly listen, to yourself. What is it that you most desire? Find it, discover it, embrace it, live it. Don’t wait until morning. Go. Now. Call your parents. Wake them up. Tell them the truth. Take your paints and your flashlight and go outside and paint the mural that’s been in your head since high school. Sing. Sing off key in a language you just made up, but sing. Feed that stray cat that you’re always worrying about. Stop worrying and do it. And if your desires can’t be fulfilled by 2:00, then start fulfilling them. Start now. Don’t think, don’t consider. Do. Create. Build. Start. Write the first chapter of your novel. Fill out the adoption paperwork. Start the career that everyone told you was foolish. It’s your heart. Listen to it. Act. Go. Now. You still have time.

Don’t just observe time change, celebrate it.
© Copyright 2008 ImpulseZip (impulsezip at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1381968-Celebrate-Daylight-Savings-Time