*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1384232-My-mothers-friend
by lovely
Rated: 18+ · Letter/Memo · Death · #1384232
A letter about my mother' s friend who passed away suddenly.
Jeannette as most would call her, was born Marie Jeannette Allbrook. I am angry at many people including myself. I am angry at our government who seems to have a problem giving sick people medical attention. I am angry at our children who go on with their lives as if we have nothing to do with them being here. And i am angry at me, for not writing this soon enough. Was it her time to go? Only God and the angels know. I am inclined to believe that if Ms. Jeannette had a medical assistance card or some type of medical insurance. Maybe she would still be with us today. Some may read this and say "i don't know this person." However, many of you do, she or he just have a different name. What is wrong with us? We can lobby for slot machines and have lottery tickets for stadiums, but we can't take care of our sick. Give a dollar to the poor; some of us think that this is the worst thing that one can do. Instead of park benches for our homeless to sleep on, donate a building full of cots. How many more of us have to die? We know that diseases of the heart are the number one killer of woman today, that is next to AIDS, but hell that's a story in it self. Who was Jeannette? She was another woman fighting for something that should have been given freely. She was the lady standing next to you on the subway, wondering if she should pay her mortgage or pay to see a doctor. She was a woman with the most beautiful smile and personality that i have ever met, but most importantly; she was my MOTHER'S FRIEND.

© Copyright 2008 lovely (jane37 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1384232-My-mothers-friend