*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1384334-Fanny-Flora-Funningham-Student-Fairy
Rated: E · Short Story · Children's · #1384334
Who doesn't want to be a fairy when they grow up?

FANNY FLORA FUFFINGHAM, student fairy

Fanny Flora Fuffingham loved faries.  Fanny Flora Funningham  of Farnborough wanted to be a fairy when she was five and fifteen and now at the age of fifty she still dreams of being a fairy.
            Fanny’s home is filled with everything to do with fairies.  Fairy bed sheets, fairy paintings, fairy dolls and even a fairy phone, as you see, Fanny Flora Fuffingham loves fairies!
            One day Fanny Flora Fuffingham found an advertisement in the towns newspaper, The Farnborough Flury, for a Fairy School in the nearby village Frodsham.  “Are you a fairy at heart?” it said…”Wish to weave happy spells with your own wand?” it continued.  “You may be the fairy of the future!” it further stated.  “The Freda Flickerfeather School for Fine Fairies is for you.  If you are interested you must then leave a note under your pillow and when morning comes you shall contact be with all information for your new career in the Fairy Kingdom!”
            Well Fanny Flora Fuffingham grabbed her fairy pen and fairy embossed paper, scribbled a quick note and placed that note under her pillow, of course encased in a fairy pillowcase….and waited for morning.
            Fanny Flora Fuffingham could barely sleep, knowing that at any moment she would be visited by a fairy.  A real fairy! A fairy, will be bringing her the information of the fairy school that she had dreamed of all of her life.
            In the morning, just as was promised, a small note was found under her pillow, in place of the one she had left there.  This small note explained that she would need to take a short trip to Frodsham, climb Frodsham Hill where, at the very top, Fanny Flora Fuffingham would be met by Alvina Ada Aldwinckle, Professor of fairy flying.
            Thus began great adventures of Fanny Flora Fuffingham of Farnborough.  She packed only what was needed for her trip and to start her new life as a fairy in training.
            According to the note while there she would make her own wand and wings and learn to fly, all needed for a good fairy.  How very exciting!
            So Fanny Flora Fuffingham traveled to Fordsham, climbed Fordsham Hill and there at the very top, met Alvina Ada Aldwinckle.  They walked up to a rather normal looking tree, except for the orange door in the side. 
            Through the door in the side of the tree and not long after Fanny Flora Fuffingham began her classes of wands (oops! She broke hers when she tripped over the bells on the tip on her shoe), wings (pretty blue with stars and some feathers stuck on here and there).  She learned to sprinkle fairy dust, without sneezing...AAACHOOO!  And then finally were the flying classes.  But…
            Flying classes where her downfall.  She just knew she had to learn to fly. No matter how hard she tried her pretty blue wings with stars and fluffy feathers could not lift Fanny Flora Fuffingham up into the air. 
Fanny Flora Funningham stood below,  watching other student fairies flitting to and fro, here and there.  Fanny Flora Fuffingham just had to fly, so she climbed atop a high stool and jumped.  Her wings flapped, flapped, flapped and Fanny Flora Funningham flopped with a plop onto ground.  Time after time she tried.  Flap, flap, flap...flop, flop, flop, plop, plop, plop.
All the teachers and students watched as Fanny tried again and again.  Flap, flop, plop went Fanny Flora.  The teachers and students thought and pondered, pondered and thought of how to send Fanny Flora Fuffingham soaring like a fairy.
To help Fanny Flora Funningham to fly Professor Alvina Ada Aldwinkle tied a rope around Fanny Flora’s waist, attached that rope to a block and tackle and hoisted her high into the air.  Fanny Flora flapped again and again. This is, sadly, the only way Fanny Flora could ever fly like a fairy, hanging there, swinging from the ceiling swaying back and forth, to and fro. One, two, three FLAP, FLAP, FLAP but without the flop and plop.
            Fanny Flora Fuffingham still refuses to give up on her dream of being a fairy.  “I wonder (thought Fanny) if I can become the first skipping fairy?”  One, two, three FLAP, FLAP, FLAP. One, two, three FLAP, FLAP, FLAP.
          Upon hearing Fanny’s idea of a skipping fairy the professors of the Freda Flickerfeather School for Fine Fairies thought further on how to help their hard working student.  A Skipping Fairy would be just right.
            “Well why not?” shouted many in unison and headed to the head of the school, Freda Flickerfeather, and explained to her their idea about the first Skipping Fairy, Fanny Flora Fuffingham.
            After listening to both professors and students Freda Flickerfeather, owner of Freda Flickerfeather School for Fine Fairies shouted just as the others “Well Why Not? I am sure that Fairy Fanny Flora Fuffingham can skip along and flick her wand as well as any flying fairy can.”
            Thus Fanny Flora Fuffingham became a fairy at fifty and flitted…well, skipped and flicked her wand just as well as any flying flitting fairy could.
            Who says that you cannot live your dream of being a fairy…even at fifty?  You only need to place your note under your pillow for Freda Flickerfeather and her School for Fine Fairies and soon you will be flying…or skipping…as all the other fairies both young and old.

© Copyright 2008 dramaqueenmama (dramaqueenmama at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1384334-Fanny-Flora-Funningham-Student-Fairy