*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1385573-Fallen-Angels-Chapter-2
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Drama · #1385573
Helena is taken to a relm of unknown and finds herself faced with what she calls Death-
A former life

         My name is Helena Goodchester, I live with my mother, father, and brother. But something happened in my life, from what the old gramps said, I had a “gift” though I don’t know what it means. The first time I met them I was an average girl, average friends, but I always had a dream. When I told them that I had seen this before in a dream the old man told me it wasn’t a dream. He didn’t say anymore and know I have to wonder, what is it that makes me special? Sure I am a black belt in Karate, but there are a lot of that. Haru and Kalyn won’t tell me either. Though I do wonder, why did that Grampa call Kalyn a princess? Sure I don’t know that much, my grades are average. I am writing in this journal for future records of what is happening. This is my first writing and so I’ll leave a question, what am I doing that is changing my life?
         
         Helena sat up in her desk she gave a sigh and looked at the clock, she didn’t want to go to bed. That stupid dream kept haunting her, but the more she hung around Haru and Kalyn, the more real they seemed. She would see more then the night before, ending with that blood curtailing scream and a the pain in her stomick. “Helena! Get to bed lights out!” shouted her mother. Helena shook her head, she didn’t want to get another night of bad sleep. She stood and looked around, her bed was messy and disordered. She looked around and turned the lights off.

         “Helena… Helena… you must do as your told!” a large and powerful voice spoke to her. She looked down, she had a white gown and everything white. Even her hair was close to white from her usual crimson hair. She looked around, everything was pure, the ground was as if clouds and the sky was a brilliant blue that made her, for once, happy. Then as she started to feel joy a gust of wind hit her back. She looked behind her, a man stood. He had a torn black robe, almost like hers. She turned towards him and looked at him closer. He walked closer to her, his face covered by a hood, as if Death himself. His hand reached out to her and she backed away, “Do as your told Helena, do as your told” his voice cracked and sputtered, as in a mocking and laughing tone. his voice wasn’t the powerful one that she had heard in the light. The light, it was fading, blackness from were the man was coming from was filling the scene. He walked closer his hand was revealed from his long black cloak. The hands were boney, almost old, they would have been if they weren’t so light colored. His voice called out again, “Come, Helena, come! Do as the Lord says and COME!” his voice grew in strength. In a shutter of blackness he was inches from her. “Come, my sweet Helena, and join me in a final dance.” his hand reached for her lower jaw as if trying to comfort her. She tried pulling away, but she couldn’t move. She looked down and saw that the darkness was all around her and was now holding her to the ground. The darkness as if alive was holding her in her place. It moved upwards faster and faster until she was stiff and couldn’t move. The blackness started to wrap around her face, “Do not fret my sweet angel, soon enough we shall meet outside of the dream realm and we shall create a new world.” he came within inches of her face and she saw his face. A long chin and tight skin, he looked to be young, as if in his twenties. His noise was long and pointed and his teeth were in an evil grin. Then she saw his eyes, cold and bored. Strong but yet soft blue filled them. His hair hung in his face. His lips met her cheek as the rest of her face was sucked into the darkness. She couldn’t see, nothing filled her lungs. She struggled for a yell, a moan, anything to tell others that she needed help. But she was alone, alone and in darkness.

She awoke on the floor her heart pounding threw her chest. Her head was bleeding, and the table next to her bed was broken and glass astray on the ground. She tried to move but couldn’t. she looked up in time to see her father gather her in his arms and take her upstairs. His lips moved but nothing filled her ears. Her green eyes started to roll back when her mother splashed water on her face. She coughed and sputtered a bit and looked around. A roar of noise filled her ears, she moaned as the pain from her head hit her. Tears filled her vision and she felt her mothers cold hand clenching hers. An array of lights come threw the window. Men came threw the door and put her on a stretcher, taking her to the ambelance. A mask of oxygen was placed around her mouth and she took her first real breath of air. She closed her eyes, she couldn’t bare the pain, she needed out.

         Helena awoke in a bed that was clean and white. Heaven? No, this was a familiar place, her father worked here. It was the hospital that she grew up around, everyone here knew her. She heard the pulse meter and looked around, a few flowers were on the window seal. “Ms. Goodchester, you gave us quiet a scare.” a tall man walked in, his hair black and his eyes blue. She looked at him closer, his face, how ironic would it be if he was who she was dreaming of that night? She went to talk and move but his hand rested on her arm. A boney hand that had a grip “don’t talk, try not to move, your body is still getting over the blood loss. So, you’ve been here for 5 days, I say you were in a slight coma for those days. Your brain has received some damage, but it is healing nicely and should be better soon.” he knelt down next to her, her eyes met his, “so your dream must have been quiet scary for you to roll off and hit the table. From the police report you were thrashing as if being attacked.” he stood and put a remote in her hand, then started flipping threw charts, “Yes, well press that button if you need company.” he walked out of the room as two a boy and a girl came in. the boy had a suit on and the girl had a long yellow dress. “Helena, glad to see you up.” Haru looked at her and smiled, Kalyn hid behind him. She gripped flowers in her hands, “I… I got you some… Heaven Golds, for… your room.” Kalyn went and placed them next to Helena and hid behind Haru again. Haru looked around, “Kalyn, keep watch.” she nodded and went outside the door, Haru looked at her, “it wasn’t a normal dream was it? You saw something demonic and it scared you. I’m guessing it trapped you to?” Haru moved to next to her bed. Helena nodded. “Oh, your probably weak, here take this.” he put a bottle in her mouth and she swallowed the terrible contents. “that and the Heaven Golds should bring your heath back.” he sat at the end of her bed. She shifted and looked around, “Haru? What’s going on? I mean I was in someplace as if heaven and then this man showed up.” she shook her head, the dreadful nightmare came back.
          Haru stood and gave her a pat on the head, “Do not worry, I know the dream, from what you saw a few days ago at my house we aren’t ragular people.” he sighed and looked outside the window, “We are called Fallen Angels, we get it from how we were so pure then sinned, but not enough for Him to put us in hell. We are stuck in the spirit world, used as shinigami’s and used to help Death. Though our world has grown, we have the power of the shinigami, but yet we are more. We are our own world, but some wanted out. The house you were in is called the Half way house. My grandpa sees who goes in and out of the worlds, he is the gate keeper. When you said that you could see him it made him relize who you really are. Helena, you are human, do not doubt that, but-” “Haru!” Kalyn’s voice could be heard as a man walked in, the doctor from before. “Helena isn’t aloud visitors right now.” the man smiled as he looked at Haru, his devil like teeth glinted in the light as he walked out. When outside Kalyn walked in, “cousin, I thought we were in our spirit form?” she gave a squeek and hid behind Haru. He shook his head, “I guess not, sorry Helena we should go.” the two waved goodbye and left. Helena huffed and flopped down.
         Falling asleep she returned to her nightmare, but now, it wasn’t in the dream realm. She awoke to a smash of a vase and looked around to see the dark figure in her room. The Heaven Golds were astrayed on the floor. The man looked at her, his face revealed, “I guess that brat of a boy told you that your not a simple person, Helena. No your more complex then anything on Earth.” the face was that of the doctors, “Yes, yes by now your putting the puzzle together, even though you do get straight C’s. your tests show that your at the top of the class.” Helena sat up shocked, no one was told her scores, not even the teacher’s pets. He smiled and took a breath, “My my are you a little bit frightened. By that look it is as if you have just seen a ghost.” he gave a cackle and looked at the flowers, “stupid things those flowers are, taken from heaven’s gates, my, I bet He didn’t like that.” she gave a twitch as she looked at him, “who are you? Why are you haunting me? What did I Do!?” he looked from the flowers to her, “I am Dr. Slavend. Your father’s boss. As for haunting” he gave a laugh, “I am not doing any such thing, I am mearly waiting for the best time to introduce myself to you. Though know we have met I must say, you need better friends. And as for what you did, you did nothing, I just need you.” he looked around the dark room, “ I must go now, Ta for now.” he gave one last grin and disappeared into darkness.
© Copyright 2008 Jerika D. C. (writer4ever at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1385573-Fallen-Angels-Chapter-2