*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1386015-Into-The-Darkness
Rated: E · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #1386015
THis story is about a girl who trys to get rid pf her past.
Chapter 1

Flashback


          ‘She ran out of the house not understanding why she saw red flames and smelled smoke. She got out of the house okay but when she looked back with her hair flying in front of her face, she saw her house burning down. The house that she loved and had lived in with her family, she began to look for them. She didn’t find them and looking back at the burning house and realized her worst fear had come true, her parents and younger bother were dying inside of that cursed house now. She stood there struck with fear, unable to move, she fell to the ground crying. She had just lost everything precious to her, her world was gone.


          By the time she stopped crying it was almost midnight and she knew that she needed a place to stay. She got up off of her knees and wiped the tears from her eyes before walking away from the house that was nothing but ash now and into the darkness of the forest. She knew that there was an inn somewhere near where she was but wasn’t sure where it was, exactly. She ran a hand through her blonde hair that was down and let out a long sigh, figuring that she was lost now.’


          She suddenly woke up in the inn, in her room and breathed easier now. She hated those flashbacks to when her house was burnt down and she got lost for a good three days before finding the inn where she now stayed. She got up and went to get dressed in a pair of jeans and black top before pulling her blonde hair up in a bun and walking downstairs for breakfast. She was now 20 and she was only 13 when she lost everything but it seemed that she had gained it all back.


          “Kat, you’re up early than normal... Never mind, I’ll get you some pancakes and milk.” The bar tender said to her. She smiled at him and gave him a simple nod before sitting down at the bar and waiting on her food. She wondered if those flashbacks would ever stop so that she could be at peace with herself and what she had now.


          “Hey, Kat have you seen my father?” A girl with a inn-worker outfit on asked. Kat smiled seeing her friend, who was like a sister, finally coming in from the morning run. Kat pointed to the back and Arie sighed before putting everything in the back of the inn. She came back out and sat beside Kat wanting to talk to her.


          “So, what are you going to do today, Kat?” She asked because it was a holiday in the town and everyone had off.


          “I was planning on going into town and seeing if I could find anything to interest me, why?” Kat replied. She loved going into the town on holidays because it was so lively and tons of new people where there.


          “Just wondering but be back by dark. I’m going to help my dad organize everything so have fun, ok.” Arie replied smiling at Kat as Kat gave her a simple nod.


          The bartender came back out with Kat’s pancakes and milk. Kat began to eat them so that she could leave soon. Arie got up and went to the back so that she could begin to organize the mess of the backroom. The bartender left as well and Kat soon finished her food and drink before wiping her mouth off and leaving.


          She walked out into the town with a small smile on her face. She was happy with the life she had now. She wasn’t really watching where she was going because she was thinking more to herself. She soon bumped into a guy, not seeing him. She went a little backwards but managed not to fall over.


          “Sorry about that, sir. I didn’t see you there.” Kat said before looking up and the guy. He had pink hair with some of it white in the front. She thought that she had seen him somewhere before but she couldn’t remember where.


          “Its ok....” He began before looking at her face and realizing that it was his younger sister, Kat. “Kat, what are you doing here in this town? You should be home taking care of Kyle.” He told her demandingly.


          “Niten... You’re not part of my family, you where never there! Plus its not like they’re alive anymore anyways, because of you.” She told him more pissed off than most had seen her.


          “What do you mean they’re not alive anymore because of me?” He asked curious and concerned.


          “The house burned down six years ago and because you weren’t there you couldn’t stop it from happening.” She told him because when she was younger Niten had always told her that he wouldn’t let anything happen to them.


          “What?! How could that have happened?” He asked himself more than anything because he had broken his promise to Kat and that’s probably why she hated him so much now.


          “I don’t know because when I woke up I ran out of the house and the I had to watch it burn down right in front of my eyes.” She told him showing a fiery anger in her eyes.


          “I’m so sorry, Kat. You’re right I should have been there to stop it. Can you ever forgive me?” He asked truly wanting his younger sister to forgive him as she was his only family member left.


          “No, I wont forgive you, ever. For leaving me alone fore as long as you did.” She told him before she stared crying. Niten hugged her and just let her cry. Truth was that everyone had told her that her older brother had been killed in the war and she was so glad to see that he was alive and well.
© Copyright 2008 Cara Huni (pantherrose at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1386015-Into-The-Darkness