*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1386136-Fear-of-A-Woodlander-graduall-update
by Bostin
Rated: E · Draft · Action/Adventure · #1386136
this is my re-written version of the original. I'll be updating it as I go along.
Fear of A
Woodlander


Chapter One

   
    Great waves broke themselves on the fortress of the great island of Guanton. The salty spray merged with the mists there since morning, hanging over the dense woods of the eastern coast. Well named by the natives as the Hooded Forest, this dark place gives sanctuary to the tribes of the Woodlanders. These two tribes are divided into east and west, with good and villainy being the only distinction between them. Both are tough, agile and quick thinking from necessity. They dwell amongst the oldest, tallest trees, the darkest regions of the forest, staying invisible to common men. The causes for the battles between the two tribes are lost in the memory of ancient history, yet are as deep-rooted as the forest itself.
   
    Focus however we will on one man, Ordondon.  Since just a little boy he has been taught in the ways of his father once before him.  He no doubt has the ability to survive with nothing, nothing but his own two hands.  He holds skills no man has ever been capable of mastering.  Easy going he is mostly, but I dare say you better watch yourself and your words.  Provoke his anger and see your life flash before your eyes as the fierceness deep inside of him shows itself. 

    His father would be proud of him.  If only his stupid sister had not accepted the terms she received from their enemy, the east and assonated her own father; he as well as she would not of fell to the sword.  This event, this moment in the history of these people, has pushed Ordondon farther than any one woodlander has ever been capable of doing.  However the tribe counsel holds him back from any real action.  Perhaps because once letting him fight they will lose their glory that they had bestowed upon them.  Even though they restrict him from this, still their enemies from the east tribe know very well how Ordondons skills surpass any other man alive.  They would love to persuade the West’s counsel into turning him over to them as a dead carcass…         
© Copyright 2008 Bostin (14chad17 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1386136-Fear-of-A-Woodlander-graduall-update