*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1386379-The-Goats-EscapeA-Memoir
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by madiP
Rated: E · Other · Family · #1386379
This is a funny memoir that everyone will love!
My dad shook the canister of animal feed, trying to coax to unwilling goat back into the gate. Still, the goat wasn’t going for it and continued to butt at the cage of the terrified rabbits. After that he went on to try and knock the top off of the trash can. Apparently he was hardheaded and dense because he had easy food right in front of him. My dad continued his attempts and forcefully began to pull the goat by his horns, the goat still pulled backwards towards the trash and rabbits. My two younger sisters and I just stood there, in shock that we had actually let the farm goat out!
Okay, lets back up to about ten minutes earlier. We were on our “father-daughter” camping trip and they have a farm. They do group tours around the farm too. Only a few minutes behind, with the rest of the group already inside the farm gates, we decided to let ourselves in. Following through with that bright idea, we accidentally let one of the goats out( and apparently a stubborn one).
Like I said, my dad was persistent, as was the goat. They fought between each other, my dad pulling at him and still trying to persuade him back in with the feed. Finally, after a while of challenging the goat my dad got him back in the gate. We where all relieved and my dad a little annoyed.
We joined the rest of the groups, and all of their eyes fell on us. My sisters and I were giggling and wore large smirks on out face. We watched them milk the cow, which was vaguely disturbing. Then my sisters got to gather chickens eggs As we drove back to the campsite we tortured my dad as with laughter directed towards him. We couldn’t wait to get back and call my mom.
When we got back to the campsite my dad began to make dinner (hot dogs, bake beans, and soda). After we ate, we started a fire and made smores. Sitting around the fire I knew that I wouldn’t forget what happened that camping trip. And I haven’t yet!




© Copyright 2008 madiP (funkymnkychick at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1386379-The-Goats-EscapeA-Memoir