*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1386820-Happiness
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1386820
What is your idea of happiness..this is mine..
Happiness



Everyone's interpretation of happiness is bound to be different, depending on gender, age and where we grow up and live.

It is quite interesting to reflect upon happiness. One could spend a lifetime thinking about it, BUT can any one of us say we are really and truly happy?

To start with- myself- I have come to the conclusion that happiness is "snatches" of wonderful moments. Being in love must be the most painful experience because the heights of happiness and pain always seem to be intertwined ...while the act of loving desperately can make a person so gloriously happy, it can also make a person ungloriously unhappy ...you want to have that special person near you always, but does he feel the same way, what is he doing now, why did he spend so long speaking and joking with someone else, doesn't he love ME anymore?

Ah yes, happiness ...

When he gives me a big sloppy kiss, saying "good morning" with a lovely cup of coffee in bed! What about seeing a baby or young child laugh with glee or giving your pet doggie a hug and the admiration in his eyes? Or what about being with your dear friends, knowing that they care about you and having a great night out, dancing late into the night? Ain't that happiness? Or when your boss and colleagues surprise you with a champagne lunch for your birthday and you thought they never bothered about small things like birthdays...Not to mention when you get to the end of the month AND you still have a bit of money in the bank! And especially when you lose a dear friend and you recollect those happy moments you spent together-we always think about the happy times, very rarely do we think about the sad ones.

So, in conclusion, I do believe I am a happy person because I know now - and it took many years of searching to find out - that for me happiness is those lovely "snatches" of life which I can grasp, hold on to, keep with me always - especially in difficult times - and never forget.

© Copyright 2008 Wild and Restless Rose (meropi at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1386820-Happiness