*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1387154-An-unexpected-visitor
Rated: E · Short Story · Animal · #1387154
She appeared out of nowhere - sleek and beautiful with almond-shaped green eyes
One day last summer I was sitting in my small garden speaking on my cell phone when suddenly I felt a licking sensation on my hand. When I looked down, there was the most beautiful black cat I had ever seen looking back at me. I presume she was a « she » as she really was so beautiful and she had the most gorgeous green eyes.

I patted my leg gently and she landed like a graceful swan in the middle of my lap, looking deeply into my eyes as if she had known me all her life and as if this was her rightful place. She stayed perfectly still, purring constantly and I really didn’t dare to move. This was the most perfect (purr-fect) communion between this wonderful animal and the Almighty. I was just an overawed onlooker savouring this sacred moment.

She stayed with me for at least an hour but I really had to continue with my chores. It was getting dark and I had to mow the lawn and cut the hedges, but I just didn’t dare to move, not wanting to break the magic spell.

Suddenly, her muscles tensed and she was staring at the back of the garden where in the shadows I saw the ugliest tomcat you could possibly imagine waiting for her. She jumped from my lap chasing the tomcat, the two of them disappearing in a cloud of dust, and as quickly as she arrived, she left, leaving me with an enormous feeling of loss.

Every day I wait for her but she never came back and I often wonder whether she was in fact a familiar spirit who came with a message of love.

© Copyright 2008 Wild and Restless Rose (meropi at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1387154-An-unexpected-visitor