*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1387580-Some-Infamous-Folks
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Essay · Experience · #1387580
Have you met those folks who take you for granted
I haven’t avowed to divulge into the darker side of human nature but when the problem at hand is too glaring to ignore how I can subdue my quest to delve into the various idiosyncrasies that I have encountered till date.
Have you met those folks who take you for granted and unabashedly exploit you for their selfish ends? And as if to amplify their mean character they leave you in lurch whenever their job is done and return or appease you each time there is another work impending. With artifices at their beck and call they have no qualms to drain their supporters off their time, energy and resources. And if their victims somehow let out a cry of dissent or voice their disagreement such crooks will hit the roof and rebuke these loyal cronies for being so suspicious or will  accuse them for slander mongering!
Now, if at the end of the day your patience is breached, you either yell to them, “No love lost from now on”, or are left to lament over the spilt milk but whatever the case may be, the damage has been done.
If you are not sure whether you are being dragged into the booby traps laid by such con artists or you think you are not well armed to whisk yourself out of the quagmire, race through the following questions and contemplate before you take the next step…
1.          Am I putting up with such swindlers because they are my sole chums and I dread to be lonely or on my own?
2.          Am I putting up with such swindlers because they are my intimate relations and so I am bound to comply with their wills and whims?
3.          Am I putting up with such impostors because I am drawn to their status and who doesn’t want to be in the company of bigwigs even if their tantrums are intolerable?
4.          Am I putting up with such impostors because they had once; long time back; helped me out of a precarious condition?
5.          Am I putting up with such hypocrites because they are  my inseparable childhood companions?
6.          Am I putting up with such hypocrites because they usually, sometimes unconsciously, lend me information that is indispensable for my studies; job etc even if their contribution can’t be paralleled to mine?
7.          Am I putting up with such hypocrites because I am too frail, at loss of hauling myself out of their ambush?
8.          Am I putting up with such quacks because they are close peers of my better half?
9.          Am I putting up with such quacks because I get to showcase/show off my contacts, my wisdom etc whenever they approach me for a solution or I am a true humanitarian who doesn’t shrink back when people are in a dire need of assistance? (even though they don’t convey their gratefulness let alone sharing profits with me)
Considering the brimming troubles one faces due to such fakers i know my article is deficient of much more aspects and viewoints that need their due attention.Yet I believe that if my readers take my age into account they will not criticize me of my shortcomings etc.
In the next installment I shall endeavor to dish out the niceties of one more human character and I hope I haven’t offended anyone with my current article.
Till then …muse
Quleen O' Queen

© Copyright 2008 Quleen O' Queen (quleen at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1387580-Some-Infamous-Folks