*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1388928-Cleare-Eyes
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Action/Adventure · #1388928
Swordsmanship, rivals, romance, deceit and spelling errors, this is Chapter 1.
Chapter 1 – The Awakening

A young man lays asleep in a silent forest. He seems to be about 17 years of age, black hair blue eyes and a bit taller than average. He awakens to discover he has amnesia.
“Where am I, Who am I?” he asked himself.
A single scream echoed through the forest. Immediately he dashes to the source of the scream.

A young priestess sits holding her ankle in pain, slowly backing away from a fierce brutish ogre. She is 16 years old, brown hair, yellow eyes and seemed to be average height. Without hesitation the young man puts her on his broad shoulders and carries her into what seems to be a cave. The ogre hastily storms after them in a burst of rage. Luckily a sudden tremor quakes the earth and the cave collapses and the ogre is trapped out side.

In a dark cave, light falls on the moist ground further ahead as the two of them stand in the echoing dark.
“Who are you?” asked the priestess, shyly.
“…I don’t remember, who are you?” replied the man.
“I am Naori, priestess of the Moocornie village” exclaimed Naori.
“Take my hand, Naori, we have no choice but to press on into the light” proclaimed the man.
“Ok… sorry about this” replied Naori as she clung onto his shoulders, blushing slightly
“Its really ok…” said the man.
They venture further into the cave, to find a dead end. Light creeps though the tattered ceiling, a small altar awaits them at the dead end.
“This is… the shrine I am supposed to cleanse” proclaimed Naori.
Naori hops off his shoulders and slowly approaches the altar, she starts a hymn in ancient language, the pray of incoherent words filled the cave. The man notices a heavily rusted samurai sword chained to the wall. He clutches the sword and the chains around it disappear instantaneously. Tremor and quakes are heard in the distance.
“O’ the son of man. A pact between the power and bearer has been made. Thee use thy power, thy use thee. Seek, thy brother, O’ one who hears my call, Chain” spoke the sword.
“I don’t know how I can help you. However I need your power to get out of here” exclaimed Chain.
“Ehh? Who are you talking to…! That sword, you pulled it out, I see” exclaimed Naori.
“The sword seemed to talk to me…” said Chain
“So you can hear them too… What should I call you?” asked Naori.
“The sword told me, Chain” replied Chain.
“I see, well lets go out the way we came Chain” said Naori.
“I suppose we have no choice” replied Chain.

Suddenly the ogre lunges towards Chain with his giant axe. Chain barely deflects the ogre’s fierce axe attack to the left. Chain strikes the ogre’s arm, but the orge’s thick skin makes it impossible to penetrate his arm with his wield.
“Chain, your sword skills aren’t enough. Let me teach you. My name is Same, say it, use your instinct” proclaimed Same.
“Same” Chain cried out in desperation.
The once rusted sword became a sharp shiny blade, what light that was in the cave reflected off it’s surface.
“Whoa, the legends are true” whispered Naori to herself.
“Good. Now use your speed to knock him over” proclaimed Same.
Chain runs at the ogre, dives on his back and propels under the ogre’s legs. The ogre barely misses him, creating a gash upon his shoulder. Chain lashes Same across the ogre’s tender ankles. The ogre falls on his back as he squirms in pain Chain jumps into the air. Chain thrusts Same right into the ogre’s neck, slaying the beast.
“Excellent Chain. Open your ears and listen well, more you use me, the more I will retain my true shine. Seek out my brother” proclaimed Same.
Chain sheathed Same and placed his new companion at his hip.

Two short minutes past. “Chain are you ok?” asked Naori.
“I should be fine, with a bit of rest” replied Chain.
“Oh in that case please come to my village, ill show you the way” exclaimed Naori, excitedly.
“Thank you for the kind offer” replied Chain.
“Hold on a minute” said Naori.
She prays for the ogre, as she prays the ogre rapidly decomposes into dust that sinks into the ground.
“Ok lets go, we should be there before sunset” said Naori.
They walk together towards the village.
“Umm, Something has been bothering me, its about your ears…” asked Chain.
“What about my ears” replied Naori.
“They are cat ears…” Said Chain.
“Yeah they are, just like most people who live in Westonia… haven’t you seen them before”
“no… but they are cute” exclaimed Chain.
Chain touches her left ear, Naori lets out a small surprised purr.
“Ah sorry about that, you caught me by surprise” Said Naori, Embarrassed.
Just then Chain collapsed onto the ground.
“Chain, are you alright?” Asked Naori.
There was no response. She notices that he is bleeding heavily from the gash on his shoulder and puts his arm around her shoulder and carries him slowly back to the village.
© Copyright 2008 Arrowsmith (arrowsmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1388928-Cleare-Eyes