*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1392020-as-the-radar-turns
Rated: 13+ · Non-fiction · Biographical · #1392020
As The Radar Turns is based on what happens at work some things are ommiteed for security
/Welcome to sunny north west florida or is it lower alabama either way it doesnt matter what maters is that our story starts long before i even thought about joining the military but of course i dont have any tales from that time only other peoples memories of a time long past. i got here the second of april two-thousand and four, the same day as griffins memorial(Sgt griffin died while on a the longest convoy of OIF (Operation Iraqi Fredom).          Fresh off the plane for basic training and tech school ( AIT for you army types) i didnt know anybody or anything about my new bases or what it was like being in the military. There i was by my self in the dorms no one was there the whole weekend. the sky was a deep purple (that should have been my first clue) which was really freaky cause i had seen THE STAND enough times to know that things were gonna get really weird. its 2 am the purple sky is gone and somewhere i can here bird s and i been here for 10 hours already no car, no people, and no idea where the chow hall is. So chow hall food i love it in the AF we call them DFAC's(Dinning FACilities)great food prepared in mass quanities it doesnt compare to anything in basic but hey what else can its the only thing that brings you joy like moms cooking everyday hooah .
© Copyright 2008 dnakeys (dnakeys at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1392020-as-the-radar-turns