*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1392485-A-fathers-dillema
by rojow
Rated: E · Draft · Community · #1392485
The job is closing down. The state economy is collapsing. What to do?
It's never easy to hear that your source of income is coming to an end. This would be the beginning of my dillemma.

I sit here, wondering what to do. Schooling , yeah it's an option. But can we live on the meager wage called unemployment? The wife is a great mother and wife, but does not work outside of the home so it puts restrictons on what my choices are. Hmmm... what to do.


I want to move . I want to see other places and have different experiences. I want my kids to know that you are not limited to one place. This is a huge part of my problem.

I have four kids.. great kids in fact. Three girls and the youngest is my boy. Just like me. (bad for him!) They all have good dispositions, good grades and are relatively respectful to others. Well, others meaning not inside of the household!! They fight and argue like any other group of siblings, but that is human nature.

Enough about that.

I sit at times, wondering what it is i should do , or could do, to make life easier.(yeah, like noone has asked that question!) Win the lotto? That would be great, if i played. Become a millionare? Pretty sure i would'nt be asking myself these questions if i was allready there!! Travel back in time and change some things? Ummm.... yeah....

I have come to the conclusion that there is no easy answer to the question. So again.. i have a dilemma.

Now..Back to the basics...

The plant is closing down, which means no income soon... Get another job!! It's that easy! No, not so.. In a state losing jobs daily, and in the middle of a financial meltdown, jobs are scarce. Unless that is.. you don't mind flipping burgers or mowing lawns for the rich people with summer homes. Umm.. sorry.. not for me. Not that either job is a bad one.. I just don't think i can sustain my family on the pay scale.

I have had my job for over ten years and it pays relatively well. This poses the first problem... Next..

Moving.. Next problem. This is where we so carefully delve into subjects such as: Where? When? What do we do with the house? And... social lives.. Not mine..but the kids.

Yes.. i said the kids...
© Copyright 2008 rojow (rojow1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1392485-A-fathers-dillema