*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1393879-The-Monster-meeting-his-Bride
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Other · Sci-fi · #1393879
An addition to the BOOK Frankenstein, he meets his bride.
I had been following my creator for months. He put off doing this for such a long time that I thought he would run away. But he owes this to me. He brought me into this world, knowing full well that he made me hideously. How could he create life without wanting to interact with it? Why did he feel he had to abandon me? He shouldn't have had such extravagant endeavours if he hadn't the stomach to deal with them.
But he's locked himself up in that dreadful hut, and I haven't seen him emerge as much as he normally would, only coming out at night, if at all. I soon become anxious, and I dared to get very near the hut. I gazed in the window at the wonderful creature that would be my companion. I spent all of my free moments imagining what it would be like to have someone who could bear to look at me without fleeing in disgust. I would no longer be alone. I was anxious; I needed to see her, to make sure my bride was indeed on her way. Victor looked up at me. I saw the shriveled complexion, the hollow cheeks, the blood-shot eyes, those tell-tale signs of laborious work that consumes one's mind. It must have been what he looked like when I was created, with one difference: now there was fear in his eyes. I knew that he realized that this new creature was the difference between trying to reconcile with what was left of his life and the torture of living day after day, facing tragedy after tragedy, knowing thate ach disaster was brought about by his own hands. I got but a glance at the woman, if you could call her that. Am I a man? But I digress. She looked mostly finished, and I guessed that she would be finished very soon.
Although it was merely weeks later, I felt I had waited a lifetime. The work was complete. Victor walked by the sea one night and called out, "Creature! You loathsome invention! I have finished your mate! She is done, and now you can leave me alone." The tears shone on his face, contrasting with his wild eyes. I knew I had to show myself. I took my long strides and stood directly in front of him. I spoke, hardly believing it was true, "Is she alive? Does she know you? Has she been outside of the laboratory yet?"
He cleared his throat. "No, no. I despise myself for doing this. I'd be sick if I saw her hideous form move with life. You must do it. I've left instructions for you. It's quite simple. I must leave tonight. The hut will be empty tomorrow. You are free to do as you wish. But you must swear that you will leave this place. Go where there are no human souls around to be cursed with you existence. Promise me! Swear it!"
"Yes, I will take my wife and we will escape this place. We will not do it because we fear the others; we will dot it because we shall not stand to be around such fastidious figures of flesh. We will be beautiful in each other's eyes.
© Copyright 2008 Elizabeth Boleyn (boleyngirl45 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1393879-The-Monster-meeting-his-Bride