*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1394996-Nuclea
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Technology · #1394996
POST-world war 3, The war is over and Britain has won...or so it seems...
Prolouge

"Sir."

"What is it Captain?"

"The war is over, Britain has taken China and all of their thermonuclear bombs. Within a few hours there will be no such thing as America."

"No...NO!!! There has to be a way around it! Get me the Strategic-commands General!"

"I...I can't"

"Why the hell not?
The Captain nervously hustled to the Sector M-8 entrance. He placed his hand on the specially encoded touch-pad and slid his ID card down the slot. He then entered the exclusively known code into the keyboard. After a brief moment of reading, processing, confirming, and zoning (This only took about 20 seconds), the technologically enhanced model 7094, year 2678 door slid open. The sight of hundreds of slaughtered men scattered frantically across the corridor was unbearible. The stench of death had already become evident. After a quick glare from his commander, the Captain closed the door.

"What happened...My...My men...Are all of them-"

"Dead? Yes, after the Strategic-commands General commited suicide, the rest decided to follow suit."

"Should we tell them?"

"No, let them all continue on with their lives. It would be better if they didn't go into a frenzy."

"What do WE do?"

"...We honor The United States of America's final moments and pray for the best. I've...I've imagined the end of the world so many times just as we all have. Just like Hitler screwed up by attacking Russia, we The United States of America, Screwed ourselves when we bombed Britain."

"I never would of imagined it would happen so quickly: the threats, the war, ...the end."

"I would of never imagined that two ghetto-raised brothers would become some of the most tactful, strong, and powerful military leaders in America, let alone the world. Yet...here we are. Together till the end."

"Yeah...till the end."

"I know that damn near the whole world has expected this day to come, but has anyone expected there to be survivors when it was all good and done?"

"Beats the shit out of me."

"If there are any, then all we can do is wish them the best of luck"
* * *
Within the hour the Fort Miami and all of America would be bombed. There would be little over 2,000,000 survivors left at the end of The Day of Blood. Almost all would be captured by Britain and sent off to POW camps where they would spend the rest of their lives. The same imprisioned lives would follow the next 400 generations.

As for the last survivors of Fort Miami...their bodies were never found among the hundreds of dead, charred, and mangled bodies left behind after the bombings. They would never be found dead nor alive.

By the hundreth generation, America was a term rarely ever used. It had been wiped off of the globe. All that remained was a desolate peice of deformed no-man's land. That's all it ever would be.

As of the 100th year since The Day of Blood The United States of America would be considered an invalid continent and erased from history. Britain has now conquered all of the world with the exception of Africa. Britain didn't need what they saw as "Diseased Land".

The war was over.Britain had won. At least that's what they thought...
© Copyright 2008 ubernerd (ubernerd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1394996-Nuclea