*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1395469-Flowers
Rated: GC · Short Story · Comedy · #1395469
Jim gets frustrated when his gift isn't appreciated by a girl.
“What the fuck?” I said as I plopped myself down on a bench, sitting next to Nick who was reading the school newspaper.
“What?” He asked in a bored tone without looking at me.
“You gotta be fucking kidding me,” I yelled. “How does he get away with giving her flowers? I mean I want to send her flowers, but no!” I said furiously and threw my hands up. “She doesn’t want my flowers, she wants Dan’s flowers. Fucking Dan!” I yelled. “What the fuck is wrong with this picture?!” I asked as I turned to Nick.
“It’s just flowers.” He replied without a look in my direction.
“Bullshit, I know what’s going on here. Dan fucking likes her, and she likes him.” I guessed, but the evidence led me to believe I was right.
“Maybe you’re right.”
“I am right—I mean seriously—Dan Anderson? The kid is a fucking drunk, suicidal spaz. I don’t get it; the kid is nuts—quiet too.”
“Hell of a mind though.”
“Why would she like him?”
“He sent her flowers.”
“So! I was going to give her flowers too.”
“But you didn’t.”
“She didn’t want them!”
“Maybe she didn’t want Dan’s either.”
“No,” I answered. “She likes them, and wanted them. There is a picture on her Myspace.”
“Oh, well, are they nice?”
I leered at him. “Fuck you, man. You’re not helping.”
“Who said I had to help?”
“Are you fucking kidding me?” I asked surprised. “You’re the one who got her to ask me to the formal.”
“And you’re the one who said no to her.”
“Seriously, Dan Anderson? He’s not even good looking. I’m good looking, and I’m her best friend.
“Was,” Nick added.
“What?”
“Was her best friend,” Nick said. “Before the fight.”
I ignored him. “Man, talk about being jipped. How can she like him?”
“I told you, brilliant mind,” Nick casually stated. “Very smart in science, helped me out last year.”
“She doesn’t even like science!”
“Then it had to be the flowers.”

© Copyright 2008 William E. Carter (writguy89 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1395469-Flowers