*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1395744-On-Death
Rated: 13+ · Prose · Death · #1395744
This is a poem I wrote while I was spending the last few hours with my mother in Hospice.
At the side of her bed I sit, watching, waiting, for that eternal stillness that I know will come.

We are in a better place now, a place better than she has ever seen. The people are nice, and they only want to make her comfortable.

We all know the outcome.

So many mistakes, on both sides of the board, but none matter now. Everything I have done is perfect, as is everything she has done. All is forgiven in the final moments before it all goes away.

If I could feel at such peace with others in my family, life would be a fairy tale. I want her to stay. I want one more breakfast at IHOP. I want one more trip to the casino.

I chose this. I am her voice. I listened to the doctor and I listened to my heart. They both said the same thing. “It is time”.
© Copyright 2008 Forsaken Soul (forsakensoul at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1395744-On-Death