*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1395912-Assimilate
Rated: E · Monologue · Young Adult · #1395912
This monologue is meant to encourage & inspire the read to live life to the fullest.
I wish I had a point to start this, or some bold reasoning behind this.  I wish that I could say that I have spent countless hours of pre-meditation on what I’m about to write.
  This is just the spawn of premature cognition, a spontaneous combustion of words from nothing. 
Is it the silence that surrounds me that widens my sights to begin writing this, or is it my constant wondering of the question that has been haunting me in my sleep.  Is it the question that I know I can answer but fear to in spite of what others might think?  The logic behind the madness is the question that walks in the abyss of my mind, where am I going?  A question that can be great; or that can be miniscule.  Where am I going?  Am I just going up to the nearest corner store, or am I going some place far away.  Am I going someplace tomorrow?  Even more so, where am I going 30 years from now?  Will I be in a place with wide canyons and open fields, or will I be in a place much like the bustling cities of today. 
Is the destination of my journey near or far, but what is a journey without a beginning?  Where did it all begin?  Did it begin with a bad childhood?  No.  Did it begin with the act of a rebellious kid always doing what he was told not to, simply because he was told not to?  No.  Maybe it was just the experimental thing, where you try anything once.  No. 
It is now apparent that this journey has no beginning, and no end.  Does that still make it a journey?  Or does it make it something different?  Does it make us think to a greater extent?  Does it expand our boundaries of logical comprehension to the edges of the universe, or does it limit it to just the corner store?  In this world we live in there are no limits to what a person can accumulate to in a lifetime, so why not seek the horizon?  Why not expand your sights to the edge of the universe?  Why not become something you never thought you could be?
© Copyright 2008 Chuck Chuck (gotleprachaun at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1395912-Assimilate