*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1397482-Your-Imaginary-Friend
Rated: E · Essay · Religious · #1397482
Is there really a divine being that answers our prayers?
When we see little kids with an imaginary friend, we think it's cute. Let's face it, most people think it's down right adorable, but what happens when the child is thirty-five and still had that imaginary friend? Unfortunately, more than seventy-five percent of Americans are those people. Scientist must prove, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that there is no God so that we can stop being delusional children and become mature, intelligent adults.

Now, I will assume that you are an educated individual. I ask you, for the duration of this essay, to look through educated eyes, rather than religious ones. I'll ask you three questions which will explain why it is absolutely necessary to figure out the answer to the question of a higher being, so use your logic and reasoning, rather than the religious teachings instilled in you throughout your life, to try and see what people have been denying for centuries.

My first question for you is: why won't God heal amputees? Wen someone is sick and on their death bed, people pray, and, if they are healed, it is a miracle of God. However, never in the history of the world has an amputated limb ever regenerated itself. Does God have a special plan for amputees? Does he plan for them to use their lost appendages to help the world? Or, is it merely a coincidence that some sick people get better, and people can't regrow limbs via some divine force because there is no divine force? Scott Warren was a Protestant minister. Trying to prove the point that God could heal all, he cut off his legs during a sermon. He bled to death waiting for a miracle that never came.

My next question is starting to reveal itself more and more throguh the war in Iraq and the crisis in Darfur; why are there so many starving people in the world? We've all seen the pictures of poor African children who are practically skin and bones. If God is all powerful, why can't he get them food? Are the starving people satanic beasts? Do these innocent, defenseless children deserve to die? And, are millions of Americans letting it happen to millions of people because they believe "God" will find a way? What if it was your daughter or your son on the edge of death? Would you wait for the miracle?

So, if God is not real, who came up with all of th religion? The answer is ignorant men, and that explains my next question of why is the Bible so anti-scientific? I'm not saying that the Bible shuns science, but it is completely wrong is every scientific aspect. We all know the universe was not created in six days six thousand years ago. We know there was no flood on earth that covered Mt. Everest. We know the first man was not created from a handful of dust, so why do millions of people choose to live in ignorance as the men who wrote the Bible centuries ago?

Take a second to process that information, and then consider this: why does it matter? Let me give you an example. You're on a fifty foot cliff. You jump, expecting a net. There is no net. Millions of educated adults are delusional, and, although it ma not cost a life, it is a huge detriment to our species. If scientists and historians find a way to prove there is no God (because, obviously, common sense isn't working) we can take responsibility for our actions and further advance in society. So I leave you with this: are you an educated adult, or a little kid, still clinging on to your imaginary friend?
© Copyright 2008 imdapitcher20 (imdapitcher20 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1397482-Your-Imaginary-Friend