*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1399027-letter-to-get-into-university-writing
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Other · #1399027
I'm looking for constructive criticism. Letter for university writing program.
March 10, 2008


Dear reader,

I am 22 years old, and I don’t want to waste any more time on education that doesn’t matter to me. I want to get into professional writing as soon as possible. This letter is proof of my will and ability to succeed at York. It’s appropriate that I have to write a letter to get into this field.

Prior to my decision to apply to York I attended George Brown College.  I was unhappy with graphic design and didn’t want to continue. However, my hand was forced by fear of an insecure future. After my second year at George Brown I made a decision to abandon my studies there. If I hadn’t continued, and dropped out a year earlier, I wouldn’t have to write this letter. Though, getting into the program this way is much more satisfying and confidence boosting.

Not knowing what to do with my life after George Brown, I decided to expand my options and take extra high school courses. The attached grades are from my private school courses which I took after leaving George Brown. The document is not related to writing however it shows my willingness and ability to succeed. I kindly ask you to direct your attention to my first year grades, specifically College English. I believe that I am a gifted orator and I want to be given the opportunity to expand my English and writing skills.


Sincerely,  Sergey Khaikin
© Copyright 2008 Delusion (delusion at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1399027-letter-to-get-into-university-writing