*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1399408-REPENT---Chapter-1
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Educational · #1399408
A book I am writing. If you are easily offended do not read this!
  Once again, if you are easily offended do not read this. This is the first chapter of a book I am writing about the state of Christianity today. It is not meant to win a popularity contest. Just to tell it like it is with no regard of persons, denominations or fame among the heresy pointed out.
  Once again, if you are easily offended in spiritual matters do not read this!                                                 
                                       
                                          REPENT !
                                         
                                        CHAPTER 1

                                      THE OLD PATHS

Jeremiah 6:16 Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your soul. But they said, We will not walk therein.

  How true this is today! The word of God that was originally ordained to give hope of healing and eternal life unto a people that were poor in this world has been twisted into every form of lust imaginable. Turned unto the carnal things of this world. Things temporal and of no eternal profit.
  Notice when the Spirit of God spake through the prophet Jeremiah that it pointed out that there was more than one way. Yet when John came as the voice of one crying in the wilderness he said "Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make his paths straight. John claimed the LORD had only one way consisting of more than one path. Those paths are as the branches of a tree that all come from one main tap root and one main trunk.
  What is so important about this way of the LORD?

Proverbs 14:12 There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

  Today man has chosen Seminaries to attempt to use the natural mind to figure out the meanings of spiritual things. They seek out meaning that will accomodate all sorts of evil and fleshly lusts which allow them to be made rich and glorified in this life. Know they not that the Lord will not share his glory and he did not give his word to glorify them? His word was given to glorify him!
  Christians are to be new creatures in Christ and risen from the dead. Not as the wicked whom Proverbs declares lead in a way that is not good, or of God! The way that glorifys man and allows provision unto the flesh is but the way of death! The Lord even rebuked Peter when he said get behind me satan, for thou desirest the things of man. Peter thought he was defending the Lord while choosing that of the devil in unawares. Had Peter had his way the Lord would not have been crucified and we all would end up in hell. So is the teaching of this present evil and abominable world. This mess of heretical blasphemy is but damning souls in spiritual ignorance!
  The Lord told Peter that when he was converted he should strengthen his brethren. He went on to do so. The men of today continue is spiritual ignorance and make their converts two-fold the child of hell as themselves! Like the disciples that asked to bring down fire like Elijah, they know not what manner of spirit they are following. Ever learning and yet never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. Their ways end in spiritual death!
  So, what is this way of the Lord?

Proverbs 15:24 The way of life is above to the wise, that he may depart from hell beneath.

  The word of God says that in heaven we have an enduring substance. It says that without faith it is impossible to please God and that faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things unseen. Those things whereby we see Christ who is seated above and seated at the right hand of God Almighty and in the express image of God whom no man hath seen!
  Those are the enduring things that will give a hope when the money runs out and the body is afflicted. David said I was young and am old. The Lord told Peter when he was young he walked as he would and girded himself as he would. When he would be old, or mature another would gird him and carry him where he wouldn't want to go.
  That's the problem today! Christians want to stay as young babes and gird themselves as they want and go where they want. They don't want to be mature in Christ and be responsible for what they believe. They don't want to submit to a word that tells them to forsake this life and be willing to forsake family as well! They don't want to be obedient to the one that died for their sins! They want to go where their young carnal mind leads them. The ways of death and hell!  Where they can feel good about themselves while they heap up riches rather than distribute unto the poor as the early church did! Where they don't have to seek the Lord with all of their heart and all of their soul and all of their strength and all of their mind!
  Jesus said "I am the way, the truth and the life. No man cometh unto the Father but by me." John said in him was life and the life was the light of men. That true light, or light of God that would come into this darkened world of sinful unbelief and heretical doctrines of devils that bring forth the fruit of death as it ministers it's blasphemous lies glorifying man.
  The word says this is the condemnation.. Light has come into darkness and men loved darkness because their deeds were evil!
  Men today twist scripture through their carnal mind and people love it. They can't even see that these men are leading them to hell through the thoughts of their own darkened hearts. The only ones getting rich from the prosperity movement are the preachers. The poor widows are just losing everything. The few whom the devil blesses are trading their souls for temporal riches they will have an eternity to regret while flames consume their bodies and worms eat their rotting flesh they loved so much!
  The church needs to repent!
  What is this way of life?

Proverbs 6:23 For the commandment is a lamp; and the law is light; and reproofs of instruction are the way of life:

  You mean to tell me that the way of life isn't about worldly gain? It isn't about "buddy Jesus" wanting to bless your socks off? It isn't a feel good word about how God just loves you any old way you want to be? It isn't that reassurance that he made you filthy and loves you as you are?
  The way of life is in Christ Jesus! Reproofs of instruction are that way! And reproofs of instruction are that word whereby the Father chastens His children and doesn't allow them to continue in sin like as a bastard that has no Father! It is the reproof whereby He spares not the Rod and spoils the child of salvation!
  That Rod is that Rod which has come forth from the stem of Jesse! It is the very word of God that has been manifested in the flesh and given his life a ransom for all to be testified in due time! It is that word that chastens so that the children of God will not end up in hell with the children of the devil. It is that word that has been twisted to take away the reproach by the seven Gentile churches. Those seven who take hold of one man and say let us eat our own bread and wear our own raiment. Those who want their words and their covering. The scriptures warn that God's way is not our way! They have a covering, but not of his Spirit!
  So just where and what is this reproofs of instruction?

1 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

2 Timothy 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

  So this way of life is actually scripture and not wealth? You mean that the way of life is more profitable than money when it tells me I'm wrong and need to repent? The way of life doesn't come from Seminary?
  Paul made it clear in his letters to the Corinthians that the spirit of man will seek out and reveal the things of man. The Spirit of God will seek out the deep spiritual mysteries that glorify the Son of God! The Spirit of God will only receive of those things which the Lord gives it to guide us. The eternal things that will allow us to endure unto the end!
  Jesus Christ said in John 16:14,15 " He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and show it unto you. All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you."
  When those who have the baptism of the Holy Ghost and evidence of speaking in tongues pray the Spirit makes intercession with the Mediator at the right hand of God. He shows the Spirit what to reveal unto that saint! And there is only one mediator, the man Christ Jesus! Not Mary! Not a woman! And most definately not the ravenous wolves in sheep's clothing that twist the word of God for filthy lucre's sake!
  When the Lord shows the Spirit what to reveal it will glorify him!  And through that glory that saint will see both Christ and God. As written; In thy Light we shall see Light! That greater light as the sun and that lesser light as the moon that seperates Light from darkness. For God who is holy shall be sanctified in righteousness! And Christ is made unto wisdom and righteousness and sanctification and redemption!
  So how do we know which way we have chosen?

Proverbs 10:17 He is in the way of life that keepeth instruction: but he that refuseth reproof erreth.

  And that is one of the problems with the mainstream church world today. They have strayed from the reproofs of instruction whereby they might have been saved and chosen that which is easy to understand with a carnal mind. They have heaped together teachers, having itching ears to tell them they can sin and lust after this world which the Lord has commanded us to be willing to hate. They have erred as they choose that way which seemeth right unto man and ends in death. They no longer wish to tarry at Jerusalem until they be endued with power from on high. They won't wait for the baptism of the Holy Ghost with evidence of speaking in tongues. They won't tarry at Bethesda for forty years for that healing. It's easier to lust after this world!
  We see that the paths of the Lord are of one way. We see that the way of God is good. We see that the way of God is life; and that life is in His Son! The way of life in Christ is above unto the wise that they may depart from death and hell beneath.
  There is no mention of earthly gain in the way of life. Neither is there any mention of continuing in sin or being special in the eyes of God. It just may come as a shock to the unbelieving world of mainstream Christianity but the only one special and beloved in the eyes of God is his Son! When He sees the blood He will pass over us. When He sees the blood He will spare! When He see the fear and reverence of His Son he will allow us to enter into His kingdom! When He sees we love His Word more than this life and it's riches He will allow us to abide in heaven. The LORD desires obedience above sacrifice. This world and it's riches are but a test that many are failing badly!
  Many today are as Vashti that refuse to come when her Lord calls and as Ananias and Sapphira who hold back part of the purchased possession. They forget that the Lord said his kingdom is not of this world. He didn't say his democracy. He hasn't given his bride equal rights, nor any say in his decisions. The word says that when he speaks, who can help but prophesy!
  We see that "THE WAY" leaves no provision to the flesh. What about the paths?

Psalm 25:10 All the paths of the LORD are mercy and truth unto such as keep his covenant and his testimonies.

  Those paths of mercy and truth are to those who keep his covenant and his testimonies. Not everyone! There is no mercy nor truth to those who do wickedness. The word even says that he will turn them over to a reprobate mind. One that is void of understanding the spiritual things of the word. The word declares in death there is no rememberance of him. When men choose to no longer retain God in their knowledge he will put them away privily. They will not even know that he has departed from them until it is too late. Just like Samson! They will not retain the power of the arm and be overpowered as David's concubines and daughter Tamar. They will not have what it takes to endure unto the end.

  What is this covenant and what are his testimonies?

Isaiah 54:10 For the mountains shall depart, and the hills be removed; but my kindness shall not depart from thee, neither shall the covenant of my peace be removed, saith the LORD that hath mercy on thee.

  The Lord breathed on the disciples and gave them the Holy Ghost. He said his peace he left with them. Not a peace as the world gives. It even says when "they" speak peace and safety sudden destruction comes upon "them." They are seeking the wrong kind of peace. They aren't seeking the peace from the wrath of God to be poured out on this world!
  The covenant of peace is that covenant of eternal life in Christ given to the children of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.
  What is this peace?

Ephesians 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus, ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:
17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.
18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.

  The peace God gives is the councel of peace in the cross of Christ. It is a spiritual work whereby the Spirit of God bears witness unto the sacrifice of Jesus.  It is a work whereby the Spirit of God opens our eyes unto the glory of the Lord and shows us that through the councel of God we have peace through the blood of his cross.

  What is this testimony?

Revelation 19:10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

  Isn't it amazing that the one who had the testimony of Jesus wanted no worship or praise? Isn't it interesting he only spake of the Lord? Isn't it interesting that he said the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophesy?
  What has happened? All of today's great men of God and self-proclaimed prophets speak of how God wants to bless you with riches! They tell you that you are somebody special! Yet this angel didn't dare accept any form of favoritism! And furthermore, he was one of the brethren. So much for Purgatory! Just like Elijah and Moses who appeared in glory with the Lord on the mount of transfiguration this angel was in heaven! He wasn't waiting for some man to pray for him! He had the testimony of Jesus! The true spirit of prophecy! That which the Spirit brings forth to glorify and bear witness to the Lord!
  Does the word reveal another example of a testimony void of this world?

John 1:6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.
7 The same came for a witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.
8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.
9That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

  John had the testimony of Jesus. He came to bear witness unto the Light spoken of in Genesis 1:3. The very Light of God that would bring the light of life into the darkened world of unbelief and twisted counsel of man. A true light to shine where the way of the wicked pervert everything. Where those who claim to be Christians claim that light came to make them rich or remove all of their suffering.
  John didn't bear witness unto himself! John didn't make claims that he was God's man of the hour! Read it for yourself!

Revelation 1:9  I John, who also am your "brother." and "companion in tribulation," and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle of Patmos, for the testimony of JesusChrist.

  Well, fathom that!
  He was sentenced to death because he had the testimony of Jesus!
  He wasn't in his prayer tower or crystal cathedral getting a word from God! He was in a place where the ruler thought he would slowly die an agonizing death being starved and baked with no help of any sort!
  Did God tell him that Jesus died so he wouldn't have to face any trouble?
  No!
  It was right there in the midst of a living hell that God blessed him greater than any man today. Right in the middle of his greatest trial he was in the Spirit on the Lord's day!
  He wasn't saying woe is me or trying to speak the isle out of existance! He wasn't wishing he had $29.95 for a book from the latest Christian author about how to turn his trials into victory!
  He was in the Spirit!
  Like Job, who was blessed with an entire ministry in the height of anguish. A man that God found faithful and worthy of having his ministry written into his book to teach generations to come if they would humble themselves and take their eyes off this world.
  John wasn't arrested for drugs or any other form of allowing his good to be evil spoken of!
  Neither did he make such a mockery of God that he would cause unbelievers to blasphemy.
  He didn't have everyone sending him money for a teaching tape on how to unlock the healing powers of a positive confession!
  He wasn't out picketing funerals or looking down his nose because some woman wore a pair of pants!
  He wasn't demanding his "rights" as a Christian!
  John knew what he believed. He didn't try to be God's man of the hour while having no knowledge of the word of God.
  He didn't claim to be a prophet! Neither did he claim to be anointed!
  He was just John. A brother. A companion in tribulation.
  Isn't it amazing that a man of God anointed greater than anyone today could be so humble that God would take him in the spirit unto heaven and reveal things that make the world wonder and tremble today?
  Men and women today need to repent and humble themselves and turn from their love of money and this world!
  As written; Humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God and he will exalt you in due time! If that exalting be only to have your body quickened by the Spirit and have eternal life, so be it!
  Rehoboam was the prime example of today's so called men of God. He sought the advice of the young men rather than of the old. He hearkened to a counsel that would cause him to lose most of his kingdom.
  Preachers today need to return unto the old paths wherein lies the good way. The way of God who is good! That which bears witness unto Jesus! That which denies the flesh and the lusts thereof! The faith that was once handed down to the elect lady and her children. That which could allow a person to discern between good and evil and he who serves God he who serves him not.
  That which gives a hope of eternal life to those who are poor in this life. That which will give them the power to become the sons of God. That which will give them the power to endure unto the end. That which will allow them to hear the words well done!

  Seek the old paths (Christ) where is the good (God) way (Christ).
 
  The paths of the LORD (God) are mercy (Christ) and truth (Christ) unto such as keep his way (Christ) and make his paths (Christ) straight!

  Repent!  And believe the gospel!
 



 

 
© Copyright 2008 Tiffany (tiffanyelise at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1399408-REPENT---Chapter-1